Position title: Assistant Manager-Marketing
Salary: Lump sum
The individual holding this position shall perform the following specific functions:
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- Assist in drafting reports on event participations and market assessments;
- Organize and coordinate workshops, events including trade shows both national and international, program of work plans with partners and other stakeholders;
- Assist in conducting primary and secondary research activities to support the design and implementation of market linkage and access programs under the Project;
- Assist in the development of marketing and other program related concept notes, budgets, SOWs, memos etc.
- Assist in the periodical review and update TORs, work plans, detailed activity plans and other project planning/ management related documents with the team, as and when needed;
- Provide programmatic and operations support for all marketing activities at the Project, including those relating to the selected horticulture value chains;
- Assist in the designing, planning and budgeting of marketing events and promotional campaigns for the Project’s target product lines;
- Assist in engagement and coordination of Project beneficiaries and partner organizations for the execution of trade show events;
- Review project related documents and provide feedback accordingly;
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the marketing team for implementation of the Project.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, developing market links, event management, economic growth, trade, value chain competitiveness and/ or agricultural development;
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- Good communication and writing skills in English language
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Prior event management and marketing experience and demonstrated excellent communications and writing ability;
- Demonstrated successful interpersonal skills; ability to manage multiple assignments and willingness to travel;
- Strong computer literacy skills required in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, web browsers, and email;
- Understanding or prior exposure to agriculture/horticulture sector and Work experience in a development agency or in a development project environment will be preferred.