Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (USA) dedicated to international development, is recruiting for a Pakistan-based professional for the position below to support a multi-year (2017-2021) USAID-funded sustainable energy project in Pakistan. Position based in Islamabad, with travel to project sites as required.
The Technical Editor will assist the project team with the development and production of all reports and project presentations.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Write, compile, edit and format various project reports and presentations such as progress and technical reports
- Ensure correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure
- Identify and correct repetitious phrasing, technical and/or statistical inconsistencies, word choices that make passages ambiguous or unclear, and verbosity across different sections of lengthy documents.
- Ensure consistency of narrative voice – both within documents and across all Project deliverables
- Ensuring clarity and soundness of logic and arguments provided in Project deliverables, including strength of supporting data for findings, ensuring that findings support conclusions, and that recommendations connect to findings and conclusions.
- Ensuring deliverables are written and visually presented in a way that is appropriate for their target audience, and appropriately utilize visual materials such as tables, figures, and photographs.
- Ensure reports follow USAID branding requirements and quality assurance standards.
- Provide feedback and communicate with the technical team regarding substantive edits.
- Train project staff on writing, editing and formatting standards and expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
A Bachelor’s Degree in English, technical writing, journalism, communications, or a related field required;
- 5 to 7 years’ relevant experience required
- Experience as a Technical Editor on an energy project is highly preferred.
- Experience with data visualization and/or graphic design, preferred.
- Experience with USAID terminology, preferred.
Exceptional and proven technical writing and editing skills.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required, and proficiency with InDesign preferred.
Ability to prioritize simultaneous tasks and coordinate with multiple project personnel
Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent language proficiency in both writing and speaking in English and Urdu.