Intaj Suhar / Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)
Head of the AMRC
Responsible on issues related to products design, prototyping, tools design, technology, manufacturing, assembly, and testing. The job requires high skills and experience in workshop technology, programming & setting up of machine tools, CAD, CAD/CAM, material selection, and any other relevant tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Study clients’ requirements and prepare related offers to the clients.
- Develop initial and final design for the product and its required manufacturing tools.
- Study and develop a plan for the manufacturing steps.
- Design, modify, and test the suggested manufacturing steps.
- Improve work efficiency.
- Supervise technical staff.
- Ensure meeting of product quality.
- Recommend technology solutions.
- Estimate and monitor manufacturing schedule.
- Prepare feasibilities, progress, product, and process reports.
- Comply with the working procedures and regulations.
- Operate advanced machine tools.
- Ensure the working orders of equipment and follow maintenance and repair requirements.
- Work as part of a team.
- Conduct R&D and deliver projects according to the emerging need. Provide training to other staff and trainees.
- To be responsible on all health and safety issues.
- Any other work requirement in the discipline
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Five years’ experience in Product Design and Manufacturing is a minimum requirement.
- The applicant should have strong knowledge on manufacturing technologies.
- The applicant should have very strong knowledge and skills on using CAD/CAM systems.
- The applicant should have excellent skills on programming, setting up, and operating of CNC machines.
- The applicant must have strong communication skills especially in the discipline of his/her job.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- The applicant should be ready to work in workshop environments as well as offices. He/She should also be ready for travel to reach clients within
- Oman or even outside Oman whenever needed.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing / Production Engineering or equivalent is a minimum.
This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the above job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Sohar University is an equal opportunity employer.