USAID/Pakistan awarded Louis Berger Group (LBG) with a three (3) year Punjab Youth Workforce Development Project (PYWD) to work with at-risk youth in Multan, Lodhran, Muzaffargarh and Bahawalpur to secure gainful employment and play a positive role in their communities. The Program will facilitate employment opportunities for 10,000 youth (including 35% women) will implement the following activities: a) proactive community engagements to mobilize at-risk youth; b) institutional capacity building and re-tooling of over 22 public/private vocational training providers; c) co-opting of prospective potential private sector employers for trainee placement; d) career counseling services; as well as e) providing access to finance for youth entrepreneurs.
Summary : We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and to assist in managing project general administrative activities:
The position will report to the Administration/Logistics Manager.
- Carry out administrative and office duties, i.e. timely payment of utility bills, extension of lease agreements, uninterrupted communication facilities, ensure that the office and residential facility(ies) are well maintained, drivers, cooks/cleaner and other administrative staff report on duty and perform his/her duties diligently.
- Providing; accommodation for project staff , communication equipment and supplies for field office that may include: Phones, Sim Cards, and Similar Services
- Maintain Duty Roasters for support staff and periodic report of log book maintenance
- Performs daily and weekly and monthly update for program assets inventory e.g. handovers for desktops, laptops, official mobile phones and their associated accessories, scanners, printers, copy machines etc.
- Provide administrative support to Manager Administration/Logistics in facilitating staff
- Facilitate new hires and provide necessary support for onboarding process (coordinate on issuance of necessary office equipment)
- Provide support and maintain documents for travel arrangements; Travel authorization form record maintenance
- Provide support to arrange meetings and office events/seminars to the teams with support of MA/L.
- Maintain Petty Cash and coordinate with Field office to provide timely supporting documents and reports for maintaining petty cash reimbursements
- Monitor email, respond appropriately, and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Maintain multiple files, prepare expense reports, memos and correspondence.
- Apply detailed knowledge of project operations, organizational procedures and personnel to every aspect of position.
- Make independent decisions regarding the planning, organizing, and the scheduling of work within established guidelines.
- Write necessary correspondence on behalf of Supervisor
- Education: Bachelor degree.
- Work experience: Minimum of 3 to 5 years of demonstrable experience of working with USAID or similar project(s).
- Geographical experience: Prior work experience in Lahore and/or selected districts will be an advantage.
- Languages: Fluency in English and Urdu are essential. Punjabi and Saraki language will be preferred
Please note that we reserve the right to cancel one or all applications. This position will be on rolling basis and remain open until the position is filled with suitable candidate. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in its workforce. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, culture and experience. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.