Position Summary: The position Front Desk Assistant consists of protecting property, assets and/or people. Duties and responsibilities include part of access control, receiving Mails and documentation, monitoring reception for guests and visitors at reception in assistance to Front Desk Assistant, or infraction of rules. The position also involves ensuring that buildings are secure and that unauthorized personnel are prevented from accessing the office/residence compounds.
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Reporting and Supervision: This position will report to Country Security Manager.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Checking and instructing people who enter or leave the building premises while assisting Front Desk Assistant.
- Walking around the office premises, checking security and looking out for any problems
- Attend all responses to alarms, medical emergencies, fires and other similar matters, evacuating premises and contacting appropriate emergency services if required.
- Provide protection to self and others including administration of First Aid to female staff as required.
- Monitor and assist Front Desk Assistant in entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons and maintain security of premises from Office premises
- Operate detecting devices to screen Female visitors as and when tasked and prevent passage of prohibited articles/ Mails into the premises.
- Receive Mails and do proper documentation as per SOP
- Undertake escort duties for visitors (including contractors)
- Exchange handling in absence of Front Desk Assistant
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Over 5 years’ diverse experience in security and similar positions.
- Under 35 , physically fit and medical category ‘A’
- Verified by police authorities
- Knowledge about exchange handling in absence of Front Desk Assistant
- Knowledge about mail receiving and documentation
- Basic etiquettes to handle guests and visitors handling
- Knowledge about basic access control procedures
- Minimum Matric;
- Basic spoken English required.
- Proven record of performing duties efficiently under stressful conditions.