Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in more than 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and its partners (Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management), is a seven year project with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project will achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that will work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improve classroom learning environment for reading, improve policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
Position Start Date:
Reporting & Supervision:
This position will report to the Senior Manager HR.
HR Officer will be responsible for assisting in the overall management of the day-to-day activities related to HR in Provincial & District offices. S/he will support human resources department in all core areas of HR i.e. Recruitment & on-boarding, employee health & life Insurance, Payroll & timesheets, personnel files management & data handling.
- Assist in routine HR operations, ensuring compliance with Creative and USAID HR rules and regulations and meeting all requirements and deadlines pertaining to HR in a timely manner
- Facilitate the recruitment function; posting open positions on relevant mediums, shortlisting, finalizing the job description, making interview calls and ensuring that all documentation of the recruitment cycle is in place
- Personnel file management, ensure all documentation is complete. Update personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leaves, ensuring confidentiality while maintaining accurate file records
- Collecting & sorting of monthly timesheets from province and districts staff.
- Processing of monthly timesheets after updating leave tracker.
- Coordination with finance department regarding provision of change in payroll documents for smoothly payroll processing.
- Maintain and update on periodic basis data related to all staff, Leave database, employee exit check lists, transfers, Addition/Deletion and addendums thereof.
- Ensure timely completion of probation evaluation forms of newly inducted staff.
- Facilitate staff with respect to medical claims (OPD and Hospitalization) and coordinate with the Insurance company for timely claim settlement;
- Liaise with health and life insurance companies to provide eligible benefits to locally hired national employees.
- Assist in the performance appraisal and performance management systems and processes
- Within the scope of responsibility, provide information and general assistance to the employees regarding human resources policies and procedures; answer questions and provide information regarding interpretation of rules/regulations, problem solving, general guidance on policy issues and orienting staff during recruitment and onboarding.
- Provide administrative support in management of all HRM tasks.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Preferably in Business Administration/HR.
- Proficient in using MS office computer applications.
- Minimum Three to four (3-4) years of work experience is required, preferably in Human Resource Management with development sector.
- Experience of dealing with documentation and streamlining processes
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated reliability regarding attendance and work performance;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse clientele and staff;
- Courteous and professional demeanor with experience providing customer service;
- Experience in organizing and filing information;
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion;
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment;
- Have good written communication skills and can communicate in both verbal and written Urdu/Sindhi and English language.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.