US-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development
SCOPE OF WORK
CNFA-AMD/ Project Number AID-391-C-15-00003
HVOSV Value Chain – Specialist
Sector Lead / Chief Technical Advisor – AMD
Place of Performance
Lahore and Karachi
Estimated Period of Performance:
June 2018 To December 2018
The U.S.-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development (AMD) activity in Pakistan is a USAID funded activity implemented by CNFA with the goal of supporting the development of Pakistan’s commercial agriculture, particularly through improving the ability of Pakistan’s agriculture and livestock sectors to meet both international and domestic demand and requirements in targeted product lines in citrus, mango, high value/off season vegetables and livestock. AMD envisions transforming the four targeted product lines into efficient, private sector-led value chains that deliver competitive products to domestic and export markets. AMD’s targeted interventions such as training, matching grants, and technical assistance will leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation. Together, these interventions will upgrade and streamline supply chains, optimize profit margins, increase in horticulture produce export, enhancing participation of women entrepreneurs, and ultimately make Pakistani mango, citrus, meat and HV/OSV production and marketing more profitable and competitive.
Objective of the Technical Assistance
The objective of this assignment is to support the technical team of AMD project in the execution of project’s interventions and related activities, including but not limited to grants disbursement, onsite delivery of machinery and tools under in-kind grants, given to grantees in project area, data recording and documentation of HVOSV, facilitation in monitoring AMD intervention in HVOSV sector.
Duration of the Assignment
The assignment is for 120 days LOE. The duration of assignment is June 2018 through December 2018.
Under the overall guidance of the supervisor of this assignment and in close coordination of project’s team, the consultant will perform the following activities; using their education and experience, knowledge of agriculture sector
- Assist in development of technical and operational aspects of training programs implemented by AMD in the project area.
- Provide support the technical team in arranging market related events and market collateral development in collaboration with grantees.
- Provide support the technical team in the selection process of BSP,s, training material review, data collection and interpretation of results of trainings and events.
- Provide support to the technical team to supervise and keep records of the delivery, installation and trial run of machinery / tools provided to provide to grantees in project area.
- Provide support to technical and M&E team for collecting and compiling the field data form project supported areas.
- Provide support to the M&E team on the follow-up with vendors and BSP,s on deliverables and reports.
- Assist / support the AMD technical team in arranging and implementing events / meetings related to sector specific activities.
- Update the weekly technical report, monthly alert and other trackers as required by the technical lead.
- Any other related tasks assigned by the COP or Chief Technical Advisor.
- In consultation with the technical lead, develop and maintain a monthly work plan for implementation of the assignment.
- Provide a monthly report on the following:
- Technical and operational aspects of support provided to the training programs in the project area.
- Support provided in the arrangements for onsite delivery of machinery, tools and equipment.
- Support provided in arranging documentation of the grants articles / items along with their branding;
- Daily status of the vendor/ BSP progress;
- Assistance/ support provided for arranging events/ meetings related to integrated supply chain management and other interventions;
- Record meeting minutes, pictures and field visit reports as annexure of reports;
- Record of weekly technical report, monthly alert and other trackers updated;
3. Final report on covering all the aspects and ToRs of STTA using the AMD template after completion of the assignment;
The consultant should have:
- Master’s or higher degree in the field of Agriculture / Horticulture/ Food Sciences.
- At least 03 years of experience in relevant field.
- Experience of value chain development / private sector development with the experience of HVOSV sector. Sound knowledge and experience of HVOSV sector of Pakistan and local & international market system of HVOSV value added products.
- Prior experience of working as long term or short term employee with USAID Projects / donor funded project aims on HVOSV value chains will be preferred.
- Sound technical knowledge of agricultural machinery / equipment used for HVOSV production and processing
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage.