Relevant Experience & Qualification:
- Master in Social Sciences
- At least 7-10 year experience in a strategic/ senior level position in a non-profit organization
Area of Specialization & Technical Skills:
- Project Cycle Management, Research, Advocacy & Lobbying and Right Based Development
Knowledge of Right Based Development.
Ability to work under pressure, priorities and meet deadlines
Fluent written and spoken English; proposal and report writing skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of regional culture and diverse community groups
Knowledge and understanding of the principles of social justice
Ability to work independently and as part of a regional team
Budget and resource management
Programme Manager/Regional Coordinator will lead the team with overall responsibility for regional programme implementation and strategic leadership and direction
- To support NC and senior SPO Management in representation of issues at national, regional, international level and other NGO networks.
- To contribute in development of programme/ campaign concepts, strategies, approaches operational plans and budgets, adhering to SPO policies and procedures.
- To contribute towards overall management and quality of the regional programme
- Lobbying on policy issues across a range of thematic areas within SPO’s framework of thematic areas
- To facilitate to forge broader collation through engagement with legislatures, policy makers and civil society for policy advocacy and lobbying and facilitating the integration of programme work with policies and advocacy strategies
- Developing and establishing systems to ensure information flow from networks in Pakistan for increased impact
- Ensuring programme quality by developing systems for sharing learning from the programmes through reviews, process documentation and impact assessment as per programme strategy
- Developing policy briefs on priority issues, including outlining social economic and political contexts, poverty and development issues for NC staff, other regional teams, donors and other interested parties
- Managing allies/partnership and funds, conducting research on identified issues, managing partners/allies and providing programmatic input to team
- Facilitating the integration of programme work with policy and advocacy strategies
- To take steps to highlight programme visibility at national, provincial and district level, also expanding scale and scope of the programme.
- To take steps to ensure gender mainstreaming in various programme intervention.
- Ensure lessons learned are documented and communicated to NC
- Team/Partners/Allies management by developing operational and long term plans
- To ensure effective people management for smooth functioning of the team with performance objectives settings,
- Conducting consultation/assessment of partners related to advocacy key areas
- Supporting team members and partners/allies in smooth implementation of projects and developing required skills
- Facilitate the strategic planning exercise with partners and team members for more clear vision and future directions regarding regional programme and in managing the programme budget in line with SPO and other donor’s policies and procedures
- To ensure proper and quality reporting from team members and the same way meeting the deadlines for reporting to donors, in especially their local offices
- Coordinate closely with other programme teams at regional and NC level for building synergies and affective programme delivery
- In consultation with line manage, coordinate programme work with external agencies (need basis)
- Adhere to SPO policies and promote participatory culture and demonstrate SPO’s values
- Any other duties as required or assigned by the organization
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process will be automatically disqualified. Women and minority candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.