Pakistan Youth Development Project
CALL FOR RESUMES
Chief of Party
DAI seeks qualified candidates for the PYDP, an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded youth workforce development project, concentrated on preparing youth for workforce participation (employment or entrepreneurship) by focusing education assistance on skills acquisition and civic engagement. The project will support youth as they emerge from training programs to identify employment opportunities or pursue entrepreneurial ventures to improve livelihoods, reduce the prospect of economic marginalization, serve as role models for other youth, and contribute to Pakistan’s economic growth. Specific sectors of interest include: manufacturing, agriculture, and services, including health, education, banking, and non-banking financial institutions, construction, and information communication and technology. The project will likely operate in Karachi, Northern Sindh, South Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall project management, including strategic vision and field team leadership; development and implementation of work plans, oversight of operational budgets and performance monitoring plans; liaison with USAID/Pakistan, government officials, other donors and partner organizations; identification and mitigation of program risks; and achievement of targeted project results and objectives. The Chief of Party will supervise project staff and ensure compliance with DAI ethics, procedures and policies as well as USAID rules and regulations.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies, Education or another relevant field preferred; Bachelor’s Degree is required;
- Minimum 10 years of experience designing, managing and implementing complex education and youth workforce development programs;
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior management position, preferably in South Asia, including managing budgets and personnel;
- Prior experience with workforce development (recruitment, selection, training, vetting, certification, job placement, evaluation of work environments, and employee performance) development activities;
- Understanding of youth and employment issues in Pakistan, including a history of positive working relationships with Pakistan government institutions, and knowledge of Pakistani counterparts is highly desirable;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID approaches and regulations;
- Prior experience as Chief of Party, Team Leader or Deputy COP preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Punjabi, Urdu, Sindhi, Pashto, Balochi, or another relevant local language is a plus;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter via Bright Spyre. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information. Thank you.