Value Chain Specialist
End Date: 14 Jul, 2018
to 10 years
Job Type :Full Time
Start Date :19 Jun, 2018
- Master’s degree or 16 year education preferably in Management Sciences (preferably major in marketing), Economics, Agriculture, Horticulture, Livestock Management/Animal Husbandry or related from a HEC recognized institution.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in livelihoods and value chain development with international and national development agencies.
- Experience in Project Management and budgeting skills to forecast budget for the unit/program.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Team management and relationship management with POs and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical, operational and administrative support to activities and Partner Organizations staff in improving competitiveness of selected value chains
- Provide technical support to Partner Organization staff regarding identification of value chain actors and potential actors in achieving value chain development goals.
- Along with project team counterparts:
- Ensure that activities are closely tracked to identify what is and is not working and why, and
- Adjust work plans as needed in response to learning to achieve deliverables defined within the annual work plans.
- Oversee and manage value chain/market analysis conducted by the external consulting firm.
- Provide technical support to Partner Organization and Community Resource Persons in strengthening Community Interest Groups and developing market linkages.
- Provide technical support to Partner Organization staff