• Internally: Program and operations departments
• Externally: London and regional office, Consortium and other local partners, Donors, Networks like National Humanitarian Network-NHN and National Resilience Forum and government Authorities like NDMA, NIDM and Provincial Disaster Management Authorities-PDMAs etc.
We work with our partners to ensure that people and stakeholders in Pakistan including the government, INGOs, UN, NGOs, media, and academia understand how much older men and women contribute to society, and that they must enjoy their right to healthcare, social services and economic and physical security.
The person for this position will largely be responsible for Organization’s DRR and inclusion program in Pakistan. In this regard, she/he will lead on development of Inclusive DRR program strategy and operational planning and implementation. She/he will also represent Organization in relevant Networks/forums, government and donor meetings and contribute in developing concept notes/ proposals and technical guidelines and tools. Additionally, she/he will technically assist the consortium partners on inclusion of gender, age and disability in their programmes by arranging trainings and providing technical assistance i.e. holding orientation sessions on tools and guidelines, review of different program/project tools from inclusion perspective and carrying out monitoring and feedback visits. The person will also be contributing to organizational readiness for a humanitarian response by complying with the assigned Minimum Preparedness Actions-MPAs of Organization.
Overall objective of the position is to steer Organization in Pakistan’s country program on Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction and support with inclusion of ageing and disability in humanitarian and development work.
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead on Inclusive DRR initiatives within the organization; develop program plans and implement these.
- Will be co-lead of country Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Develop concept notes and proposals on DRR, Climate change and inclusion, oversee the implementation of DRR, climate change and inclusion projects and produce donor reports.
- Development of tools and training material on inclusion of ageing and Disability and contribute in the capacity building of Organization staff on Ageing and Disability.
- Identify opportunities for the development of relevant advocacy and communication/information materials to support age and disability inclusion in national processes
- Any other task assigned by the line manager
- Lead the technical support to partners (Govt departments, I/NGOs) and consortiums on inclusion of age and disability
- Provide follow up support to humanitarian partners and DMA through mentoring and one-on-one support as required.
- Build strategic alliances with other key actors like academia for DRR, climate change and advocate for age and disability-sensitive programming.
- Coordinate with Ageing and Disability Task Force-ADTF in country and develop linkages with the key actors in DRR.
- Represent Organization in National Resilience Forum, National Humanitarian Network-NHN, consortium working groups, and other fora as required.
- Represent Pakistan office at regional and international forums of Organization on DRR Inclusion (technical working groups, meeetings, etc)
• University degree in social sciences or related field
Master’s degree in DRR/DRM (5-year university degree)
Previous experience of inclusive CBDRM , Ageing or Disability
Fluent in English and Urdu language
Knows regional languages
This JD is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.