A public sector funded project, working for the development of selective value chains in horticulture sector, is inviting applications for the position of Marketing Specialist (Horticulture) on contract basis to be based at Lahore. This is a senior position reporting to the Team Lead.
- The Marketing Specialist (Horticulture) will provide the marketing strategy and assistance in improving the overall performance, profitability and marketability of the product lines across project target value chains.
- Develop market linkages with market players including exporters, intermediaries in the export markets, and importers of horticulture produce in the major markets.
- Develop and implement work plan for developing market linkages between Project target beneficiaries and partners and market players in the high potential markets across Pakistan and region.
- Work with Project partners and beneficiaries including farmer groups and exporters to enhance their capacity for selling/exporting their produce at competitive prices and thereby enhancing their profitability.
- Liaise with marketing support institutions, trade bodies and other support agencies, institutions and projects for assisting project beneficiaries and partners for enhancing marketability of their produce.
- Facilitate the establishment and strengthening of all strategic market linkages across the target value chains, including those between farmers and agribusinesses and processors and subsequently between downstream processors, traders, exporters and retailers.
- Take part in the development of programs and assist in activity implementation including development of concept notes, budgets, SOWs, memos etc.
- Periodically review and update TORs, work plans, detailed activity plans and other project planning/ management related documents with the team, as and when needed.
- Provide programmatic and operations support for all marketing activities at the Project, including those relating to the selected value chains.
- Design, Plan and budget marketing events and promotional campaigns for the Project’s target product lines.
- Provide support and collaboration to the Grants component for the implementation of grant activities.
- Must have Master degree in business, economics, agriculture or closely related disciplines.
- 5-6 years of regional / international marketing experience in an exporting/marketing company, in economic growth, trade, value chain competitiveness, agricultural development, and/or creating market linkages.
- Agribusiness marketing experience and proven familiarity with marketing structures, strategies, rules and regulations for fresh and processed horticultural products.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Excellent communications and writing ability.
- Fluency in both English and Urdu required; other Pakistani languages preferred.
- Willingness to frequently travel to project areas throughout Pakistan for extended periods of time.
- Understanding or prior exposure to agriculture/horticulture sector.
- Work experience in a development agency or in a development project environment is preferred.