The M&E coordinator, under the direct supervision of the provincial M&E Manager, will be responsible for both coordinating and carrying out the tasks required by the M&E strategy, which will include frequent field trips to the schools. M&E Coordinators are based in the programme’s district offices, with this particular position being based in Lahore.
M&E Coordinators, under the supervision and direction of the M&E Manager, are responsible for implementing M&E activities within their district(s) of responsibility, including but not limited to: case studies following a prescribed and rigorous methodology; satisfaction surveys; data and field monitoring; and an Impact Study using control and trial groups.
Reports to: M&E Manager
Key Result Areas (KRAs)
Main Duties and responsibilities
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Proactively build effective working relationships with Provincial and District Education Officers, SST Members, PTC/SC Members, CCSI members and Contractors; and
M & E Data Management
- Support the Provincial M&E Manager in the process of the development and implementation of all necessary tools and instruments for data collection.
- Assist in implementation of key surveys that include satisfaction surveys and the Impact Study at the district level to provide information on the programme’s progress, effectiveness and efficiency of the process of construction and rehabilitation.
- Conduct data collection for special research studies and case studies
- Keep and properly and securely store all soft and hard data files.
- Analyze district level data and assist in dissemination of findings to key stakeholders at the district level, as directed by the M&E Manager.
Internal & External Coordination
- Reinforce the role of district and provincial M&E functions and support coordination with other Humqadam teams.
- Assist M&E Manager in Third Party Evaluations and in the Quarterly/ Annual Reviews of the project at the district level.
- Assist M&E Manager in reviewing on quarterly basis the project’s logical framework and M&E plan/ M&E tools and suggest for modification as necessary to the M&E Manager. Update district/ provincial level M&E work plans, accordingly.
Capacity Building of M&E staff / Training Delivery
- Under the guidance of the M&E Manager and as needed, organize trainings or on-the-job mentoring of staff of the district level so that they are equipped with the necessary analytical skills, technical capacity and abilities to carry out their functions.
- Assist M&E Manager in the province in compilation of regular periodic reports (quarterly, annually, other)
- Contribute in preparing reports at the district level and their timely submission to provincial M&E Manager.
- Undertake regular visits to project sites to physically monitor implementation (in partnership with infrastructure and community development teams) and preparation of field reports with points for action, and share with relevant staff through M&E Manager
- Assist M&E Manager in conducting regular M&E data review meetings at the district level, to inform and improve Data Quality, programme planning and implementation.
- Facilitate special studies / surveys focusing on important aspects of programme implementation under the provincial M&E Manager
- Conduct analysis of the information received through the Grievance Redressal Mechanism (GRM).
- Collect and compile data for lessons learned exercise when required
Minimum Experience Required
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in M&E including knowledge of the logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches. M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory at the community level).
- Understanding of associated key evaluation methodologies, their relevance and application to work in the field.
- Proven experience of implementation of M&E systems at the provincial level/ district level.
- Previous experience of working with the provincial governments and/ or working in the education sector in M&E would be preferred
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge Required
- Master’s degree holder in Social sciences/related discipline
- Good English speaking and report writing skills
- Understanding of grassroots level development, with a focus on participatory processes, and gender issues.
- Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of data collections, research ethics, data analysis and data management
- Excellent working knowledge of the common applications of the MS Office suite, and knowledge of statistical software packages will be an added advantage
- Willingness to undertake frequent field visits within the district/ province
Note: “Position dependent on funding”.