Chief of Party, Pakistan Sindh Enabling Environment Activity
DAI seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated 3-5 year USAID Pakistan Sindh Enabling Environment Activity (SEEA). SEEA will help improve the enabling environment for the agriculture sector in Sindh to promote private sector-led growth in select value chains by identifying and addressing policy constraints that impede efficient operations. The Activity will help create an internationally-competitive policy environment, providing the private sector with the stability and incentives required for investments in agriculture aimed at improving the quality, quantity, sustainability and profitability of produce in the domestic and export markets.
The SEEA program will be based in Karachi, Pakistan, and cover all districts in Sindh province.
- Lead strategic development and oversight to promote private sector efforts for improved agriculture market systems.
- Provide overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project’s implementation for project staff in Karachi, partnering organizations, host government, other donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure quality monitoring and evaluation, regularly evaluate project results, and guide project implementation to achieve maximum impact.
- Oversee management of subcontracts/grants with international and local organizations to ensure full project integration and that deliverable targets are met.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual work plans, regular progress reports, and achievement of program results to USAID.
- Oversee the project’s financial compliance and procedures, ensuring compliance with established DAI’s accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Coordinate regularly with DAI headquarters and represent the organization at relevant events and meetings with government officials and the donor community.
- Proven experience leading projects focused on economic growth, agriculture policy, enhancing private sector growth and building capacity, and expanding investment opportunities;
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, business administration, agribusiness, or related area;
- Minimum 10 years of experience designing, managing and implementing complex economic growth and agriculture policy programs, including five years of experience in Chief of Party, Project Director, or similar senior management position;
- Understanding of enabling environment issues in Pakistan, including a history of positive working relationships with Pakistan government and public institutions, and knowledge of Pakistani counterparts is highly desirable;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID approaches and regulations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Urdu, Sindhi, Pashto, or another relevant local language is a plus;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines.