The USAID GHSC-PSM Project is a primary vehicle through which USAID will provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The HR Specialist is responsible for aiding HR functions for the USAID GHSC-PSM Pakistan project (“Project”) in compliance with local labor laws and Chemonics policies and procedures. The Specialist will help in recruitment, benefits, employee relations, compliance, internal communication and training, and other initiatives as required.
- Assist in carrying out the recruitment process of short-term and long-term local employees in compliance with established procedures and regulations, including, but not limited to, creating job descriptions and interview questions, shortlisting and pre-screening candidates as well as conducting reference checks, completing documentation, and negotiating employment offers.
- Manage staff onboarding processes including orientation, which will include adequate training regarding the Project and relevant Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Manage the leave, attendance and health claims contract as per Chemonincs policies.
- Assist the team in making quarterly reports related to HR
- Ensure accurate and timely timesheet submissions.
- Ensure all staff are trained on, and are familiar with, timesheet procedures and policies
- Ensure personnel and recruitment files are maintained according to Chemonics policies and procedures and in a manner that ensures confidentiality.
- Work closely with the Manager of Operations and Director of Operations, Compliance and Finance, on communication to staff about labor law compliance, and help to ensure a positive and thriving work environment for all staff.
- Facilitate annual performance assessment process and ensure procedures are communicated and followed.
- Provide input on HR actions to mitigate risks to the Project and Chemonics.
- Foster a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial psychology, business administration, or related field required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least five (4) years of experience in progressive Human Resource roles; USAID experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Human Resource management concepts and best practices, and USAID regulations.
- Knowledgeable on local labor laws, ability to interpret local labor laws; previous experience interacting with labor counsel preferred.
- Demonstrated versatility, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and communications skills.
- Fluency in English required.
Chemonics International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; only individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Applicants will be screened and interviewed on a rolling basis.