Relevant Experience Qualification & Skills:
- Minimum of 5-8 years of progressive experience in the area of rule of law/ Access to Justice
- Master’s Degree in Law, Public Administration, Political Science, Social Sciences or related field Knowledge of social sector, political and governance issues in Pakistan
- High-level planning, facilitation, communication and capacity development skills with a demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge and skills in a complex institutional environment;
- Proven ability to work effectively with people at all levels of an organization, maximizing coordination and cooperation;
- Fluency in English, including excellent writing skills;
- Provide policy advice and technical assistance to justice providers,
- Help strengthen the capacity of the Advocacy forums at district level
- Facilitate change management processes in partner institutions, including by providing high-quality advice based on international best practices;
- Train and support stakeholders and district forums on broader rule of law sector personnel in organizational development methods and tools;
- Support the establishment of stronger working relations justice sector institutions to ensure greater coordination and cooperation across the broader rule of law sector;
- Ensure proper information-sharing, coordination and cooperation with other development actors, alliances and CSOs.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to relevant civil society organisations to develop their capacity to provide effective oversight of justice and strengthen public outreach and awareness on access to justice
Programme Management & Implementation:
- Support the Regional Head/Project Manager in his/her functions to oversee and manage programme implementation functions, including budget and finance management, work planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting functions;
- Support the Chief Technical Specialist/Programme Manager in his/her functions to coordinate and manage the overall delivery of the programme in an effective and efficient manner, working closely with the district authorities, civil society organizations, academic institutions, and other stakeholders
- Help prepare annual work plans & budget in line with the programme outputs and objectives;
- Closely monitor the delivery status and prepare written monthly progress updates - both narrative and financial - in relation to the agreed work plan and implementation strategy;
- Provide strategic guidance on activity planning, implementation strategies and future programme orientation;
- Provide support in advancing thematic coordination, including by identifying programmatic entry points and by ensuring consistency and complementarity in relation ARC Project.
- Help ensure the integration of cross-cutting issues into the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all programme activities.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes a knowledge-sharing and learning culture in the office;
- In-depth knowledge of development issues;
- Ability to provide and advocate for policy advice;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development
Development & Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and programmes;
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software and experience with web-based management systems.
Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills:
- Communicates effectively with staff at all levels of the organisation;
- Proves outgoing and comfortable in handling external relations at all levels;
- Remains calm, in control and good-humoured, even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Demonstrates excellent political/conflict analysis;
- Adhere to SPO policies and promote participatory culture and demonstrate SPO’s values
- prepare annual/quarterly work plans and reports;
- participate in professional development training as identified and approved by SPO
- Carry out any other activities as assigned by the supervisor.
Candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process will be automatically disqualified. Women and minority candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.