Finance Officer will be responsible for overall financial management of projects. Finance Officer deals with timely accounting of all transactions and monitoring and reconciliation of financial records. He/she is also responsible to ensure that financial policies and procedures are followed strictly, and any deviations thereto should be highlighted immediately.
- Checking payment vouchers and resolving discrepancies
- Preparing Journal Vouchers related to payments and monitoring the timely disbursement of funds.
- Monitoring and ageing of Payables.
- Settlement of petty cash in a timely manner.
- Handling Petty cash
- Checking bank and cash receipt vouchers and resolving discrepancies.
- Monitoring timely deposits in bank accounts.
- Monitoring and ageing of Receivables.
- Preparing bank reconciliations statements of the project.
- To support in Tax related matters, deduction & submission of Tax documents.
- Payroll checking and preparing reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of Grants of projects.
- Coordination for Audit of project.
- Extending support to program staff for preparing budgets and assisting Manager Finance with preparation of budget.
- Booking of Project monthly invoices.
- Coordination with All Project properties payable department for the timely release of payments.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Skills/ Qualification/ Experience required:
- Master’s degree in Accounts, Finance, or related field from a recognized university.
- At least 04 years relevant work experience
- In depth Knowledge/experience of accounting cycle.
- Ability to meet targets within tight deadlines & result-oriented team player.
- Sound judgment, flexibility, adaptability and cultural sensitivity.
- Must be Proficient in MS Office Suit.