The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers operating in 190 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. The international engagement of NorCross is based on and guided by humanitarian needs and the humanitarian imperative aiming at achieving humanitarian objectives. Internationally, NorCross operates exclusively inside the framework of the RCRC Movement and has established regional and country offices to ensure decentralized decision-making and proximity to partners and projects.
In Asia, NorCross aims to relieve the suffering and save the lives of people affected by armed conflict, protracted crisis and acute disasters. We work through a combination of channels, considering collaboration with Red Cross Movement actors to respond, both in terms of efficiency and effectiveness, to any given crisis.
NorCross targets the most vulnerable in each context, based on holistic humanitarian needs analysis, whilst assuming an auxiliary role supporting National Red Cross/Crescent Societies in the region.
In Asia NorCross focuses on improved access to community health, providing basic health service to the most vulnerable communities affected by conflict and protracted crisis in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Myanmar. The NorCross Asia Region office in Islamabad works in close collaboration with Pakistan Red Crescent (PRCS).
NorCross furthermore aims to strengthen the regional disaster response systems and improve the preparedness capacity of partner National Societies.
The purpose of Regional Logistics and Security Coordinator will ensure that the Asia Norwegian Red Cross teams are able to support and undertake necessary operational logistics, procurement, supply chain, admin, safety and security services at country and regional levels.
Job Title - Regional Logistics and Security Coordinator
Reports to - Regional Finance Manager
No of positions - 1
Logistics, Procurement and Security
- Develops and manages a comprehensive overview of Norwegian Red Cross offices assets in the region, including computer, printer and IT networks
- Manages contractual engagement and services for the regional office, delegate housing.
- Coordinates logistics and procurement processes in the region in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross standard procurement practices.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items and keeps informed of local market conditions. Ensures, through market investigation, that all purchased goods meet International standards, are fit for their intended purpose and have, where required, appropriate inspection certificates.
- Prepares request for payments ensuring the full supporting documents are in place and ensures that payment requests are signed in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross accountability matrix.
- Fleet management; Acts as the main focal point for all fleet needs and activities in the region, including fleet maintenance and oversees the adherence to driving rules and regulations.
- Arranges airport movement at arrival or departure for all Norwegian Red Cross personnel and visitors and prepares a welcome pack for delegates including phones and sim cards, as required.
- Warehouse management; the regional logistics offices is responsible for Norwegian Red Cross prepositioned goods (in close collaboration with Oslo HQ), and provides country offices and partners with warehouse training according to needs
- Capacity builds all the Norwegian Red Cross staff on procurements process and ensure that all requested items are directed towards the procurement unit of Norwegian Red Cross only.
- Support Host National Society programswithin logistics matters as well as to monitor and assess the risk associated with logistics component of all Norwegian Red Cross supported programs
- Coordination and cooperation;Represents Norwegian Red Cross by participating in logistics meetings, supports and participates in trainings hosted by relevant partners.
- Emergency response; Supports and deploys to Norwegian Red Cross - supported emergency response missions.
- Perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to colleagues when necessary and assigned by the line manager
- Logistics development;In close cooperation with Global Logistics Advisor at HQ; follows up, executes and provides input to the logistics development programmes in the region
- Ensure staff wellbeing, personal security & duty of care, security liaising with Host National Society (PRCS).
- Drivers, cleaners/support staff management and maintenance of offices in collaboration with PRCS, Visa’s and ticketing.
- Manage and coordinate all security related tasks together with PRCS; Provide technical support to the RR on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity;
- In collaboration with PRCS ensure regular trainings for NorCross staff on security preparedness, prevention and response. Training(s) may include Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; Communications protocols, Health and Safety in the workplace, Developing welcome brief, etc.
- Ensure gaps in security management within PRCS are identified and addressed.
- Provide security updates and ensure security induction to new staff; both for Islamabad as for KPK/TD’s.
- 16 years of education (international or HEC recognized) in Logistics Management, Business/Public Administration or equivalent professional experience in general logistics; including warehousing, transportation, customs clearance & procurement.
Personal qualifications, skills and knowledge
Skills and knowledge
- Minimum 7 years of experience from medical, or water and sanitation logistics -- including warehousing, transportation, customs clearance and procurement -- for international humanitarian operations (RCM, INGO, UN etc.).
- Experience in Security management, Advanced course in Safety and security management (SSAFE/HEAT) critical incident management.
- Demonstrably experience of customs handling and Visa processing.
- Ability to present concise oral and written logistics operations reports, and other supporting documentation.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Fluency in English a requirement. Work proficiency in a regional language an asset.
- Fluency in relevant IT tools, including with Microsoft Office
between 35 – 55
- Willing to travel to the field areas
- Very good ability to convince and gain acceptance
- Very good ability to communicate effectively
- Result oriented
- Team player, open to learning