Under the overall supervision of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) Chief of Party/Programme Manager, and in accordance with directives received from the Area Engineer and the Project Development Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of activities in an assigned area. Activities will include responding to the needs of the program for important, large scale and high visibility as well as small scale infrastructure projects throughout Newly Merged Tribal Districts of KP.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The Site Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assessment, design, quantities estimation, billing of Flood protection walls, Irrigation Channel, Drinking water supply schemes (hand pumps, tube wells, dug wells), sanitation and other community projects.
- Manage technical and engineering components related to the programs implemented in an Area within Newly Merged Tribal Districts, KP including the management of contractors.
- Assist Area Engineer in designing architectural and structural drawings as well as create bills of quantity, material specifications lists, and other technical documentation relating to infrastructure programming within Newly Merged Tribal Districts, KP.
- Facilitate activities that assist government authorities to liaise with community leaders, individuals and groups to identify and prioritize community needs.
- Work with government and local authorities, leaders, individuals and groups to identify and implement selected community development projects.
- Identify appropriate mechanisms or vehicles to adapt structures and to tender bids from contractors or local labour.
- Assist Area Engineer to negotiate contracts or agreements with contractors, and assist in administration of grants.
- Supervise projects in coordination with government or local technical personnel and in collaboration with the program technicians and provide regular reporting regarding the status of projects.
- Maintain records in accordance with program standards.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with three years related experience or Diploma in Civil Engineering with five years’ experience.
- Experience in quality control, quality assurance procedures.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Cost Estimation, Technical Report writing and monitoring of Civil Engineering Works.