Under the overall supervision of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) Resource Management Officer (RMO) and under the direct supervision of National Finance Officer & Project Development Officer (PDO), the Admin/Finance Assistant will be responsible for handling the day to day treasury, financial and administrative activities of the Program. The incumbent will also be providing support and assistance to the Field Offices’ Admin &Finance staff. Specifically, s/he will:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Organize in coordination with the National Finance Officer and the RMO, a comprehensive Administration System in CRA field-offices (filing, procedures, etc.).
- Comply with organizations policies and support PDO in implementation at field level.
- Prepare monthly petty cash report, cash certificate and submit to head office along with supporting documents for replenishment of funds.
- Prepare and submit requests for advances to head office and responsible for submission of liquidations for office and grants expenses.
- Prepare vouchers for financial transactions office and other program related Payments and maintain proper filing system. Scrutinize of bills/claims/supporting documents.
- Verify all grants payments in terms of budget, contracts, PO and PR before sending to head office for processing.
- Ensure that the hand over documents of items procured by program units to selected community implementing organizations is well documented.
- Disbursement of cheques related to Logistics, Contractor and others (Ensuring proper receiving and sending back to Head office).
- Maintenance of Office files related to Admin, Finance and HR
- Responsible to implement staff regulations and rules for both officials and employees and updates thereof. Notify changes to the staff members concerned.
- Advise on travel authorizations and allowances for staff members leaving on duty travel. Ensure security clearance is requested and received, when applicable.
- Maintain attendance and leave records and control.
- Preparation of summarized reports of Medical and DSA claims (Date and staff wise details with paid and unpaid status with proper coordination of Head Office’s Finance and HR Departments)
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- First degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or equivalent.
- Two years of experience if holding Bachelor degree or four years of experience if holding a Diploma in the relevant field
- Knowledge of budget management and accounting techniques.
- Knowledge of computer applications including financial management systems.
- Ability to communicate with audiences and ability to prioritize work.