The M&E Officer, under the overall guidance of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) Chief of Party/Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Program M&E Officer, is responsible for conducting regular field visits to observe bidding processes, attend Project Oversight Committee (POC) meetings and collect data necessary to compile Final Evaluation Reports (FERs).
The M&E team performs a supporting role within the Program. The selected candidate should work, in coordination with the respective field team, to improve the feedback loop, and work toward more streamlined and responsive programming in his area of operation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to carry out technical monitoring as well as gather feedback from the beneficiary community;
- Observe all bidding processes held to award program grants
- Attend Project Oversight Committee (POC) meetings when held;
- Support respective Field Team by collecting and organizing reporting documentation for submission;
- Compile comprehensive final project evaluations based on information retrieved from the database;
- Coordinate with M&E field staff to obtain field data pertinent to each project to be included in Final Evaluation Reports;
- Implement new data collection tools;
- Conduct extensive interviews with beneficiaries (qualitative data collection) in the field;
- Conduct Focus Group Discussions and other qualitative data collection methods;
- Use new M&E Information Management Systems;
- Interact and liaise with Implementing Partners (IPs) in NGO grants;
- Accompany and facilitate donor M&E team during field visits;
- Facilitate and support colleagues by providing technical knowledge;
- Track and organize Site Visit Notes received from the field for easy access during final evaluations;
- Support the M&E Manager and Supervisory in the collection of additional information from the field as required;
- Signing DCF after successful completion of the grant and covering responsibility of the signed deliverables;
- Ensuring each M&E activity is properly documented and reported within 2 days of activity held;
- Identify and document success stories, lessons learned and case studies on extraordinary aspects of the project; and,
- Further duties as assigned by the supervisors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or other equivalent degree.
- M&E Officer must have a minimum of three years’ experience with project Monitoring and evaluation, Project development and proposal writing, and implementation of development-type projects. They should have experience in community participation and consultative-type projects. Experience in data analysis and report drafting is a plus. Experience in research is desirable.