Background and Objectives:
USAID/Pakistan awarded the Louis Berger Group (LBG) with a three (3) year Punjab Youth Workforce Development Project (PYWD) to work with at-risk youth in Multan, Lodhran, Muzaffargarh and Bahawalpur to secure gainful employment and play a positive role in their communities. The Program will facilitate employment opportunities for 10,000 youth (of which 35% will be women) through implementation of following activities: a) proactive community engagements to mobilize at-risk youth; b) institutional capacity building and re-tooling of over 22 public/private vocational training providers; c) co-opting of prospective potential private sector employers for trainee placement; d) career counseling services; as well as e) providing access to finance for youth entrepreneurs.
This position is responsible for assisting the ‘Training & Human Development’ department in ensuring the quality of entire training process/cycle and implementation strategies under the PYWD project. The selected candidate must have strong knowledge of TVET sector in Pakistan, especially in South Punjab and will be responsible for managing the entire activity-set falling under the Training component:
- Strengthen the linkages with existing stakeholders and further expand the partner’s base for effective implementation of skills development training programs
- Manage the overall department’s planning process with regards to training & apprenticeships; contribute in setting up and managing training targets
- Keep close liaising and good relationships with training institutes and employers/businesses
- Maintain database of other projects and related activities carried out under TVET sector in the region.
- Produce high-quality reports for presenting to stakeholders and donor
- Perform detailed data analysis for expanding project’s knowledge-base and ensuring productive feedback into the programming process
- Conduct primary and secondary research related to tapping demand-driven skills training opportunities for youth
- Conduct field monitoring visits to sites (training institutes & businesses/industry) for periodic assessments of ongoing training programs including student attendance, performance, job progress (specific to apprenticeships) etc.
- Validating placements of apprentices for on-job training on the relevant trades
- Perform initial screening of private sector training institutes for identification/selection purposes
- Monitor and evaluate performance of training service providers, especially the private sector institutes
- Data collection, analysis & reporting on developed formats and checklists
- Participate in periodic progress review meetings and present specific progress
- Any other task as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge Required:
- Masters in Social Sciences or any other relevant field with 5-6 years of experience or Bachelors in Social Sciences or any other relevant field with 7-8 years’ work experience
- At least 3 years of experience in similar jobs.
- Excellent Written and spoken English required as well as local language(s);
- Excellent report drafting skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- IT Literacy: able to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel at an intermediate level, plus knowledge of smartphone / tablet applications;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of TEVT sector in Pakistan (South Punjab experience will be preferred)
Skills & Competencies:
- Possess good analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Able to demonstrate work in presentable form.
Please note that we reserve the right to cancel one or all applications. This position will be on rolling basis and remain open until the position is filled with suitable candidate. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in its workforce. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, culture and experience. Females are encouraged to apply.Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.