Job Title: HR Specialist
Reports to: Operations Director
Job location: Islamabad
Introduction to DAI – Tabeer (CDIP Programme):
Tabeer Consolidating Democracy in Pakistan (CDIP) is a two and a half year, £22 million, programme funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO). The objective of CDIP is to support the consolidation of democratic practice in Pakistan, through strengthening the capacity of its political institutions to be more capable, accountable and responsive to the needs and aspirations of the Pakistani people. Consolidating democracy through enhanced inclusion and legitimacy begins – and continues – beyond election day.
The programme will work closely with the Electoral Commission of Pakistan (ECP); the Parliament; Provincial Assemblies; political parties; and civil society. It will also focus particularly on enhancing the participation and empowerment of marginalised groups, including women, youth, persons with disabilities and minorities. CDIP will utilise its convening power to broker sustainable relationships that will bring together disparate groups in Pakistani society and facilitate the building of consensus around the democratic process.
Scope of the Work:
Being a custodian and focal person for CDIP HR, the position holder would be responsible for effective delivery of HR services including recruitment & induction, HR Audits, performance reviews, HR operations, HR compliance and policy development.
The position holder would be engaged and provide support to Management on all HR related matters and other issues and concerns as and when deemed necessary and share his/her input keeping compliance and policies & procedures.
Recruitment & Induction
- Ensure a smooth, transparent, independent and completely documented hiring process;
- Wherever possible, assists all program managers/leads and coordinators with interviewing and selecting new staff (especially for new positions and key line management positions);
- Ensure updated Job Descriptions for all positions are available and shared with relevant staff;
- Coordinate orientation for new staff that includes orientation with other sections including Finance, Security, IT, Logistics & Admin;
- Oversees the staff review process using performance appraisals and regular meetings with line managers;
- Trains and assists line managers to prepare and deliver Performance Appraisals on time;
- Work with individual line managers to ensure that the training and development needs of all national staff are clearly identified, and possible options discussed and implemented;
- Ensure complete and up to date personnel files are maintained for all locally hired staff and STTAs;
- Collaborates with Finance section on the preparation of staff salaries, STTAs payments, EOBI payments etc;
- Ensure monthly Labour tracker is prepared and shared with Finance;
- Monitor and validates leaves entitlements as per contract and ensure all staff have leave plan in place before leaves are taken;
- Ensure timely initiation of exit procedures and formalities are done in time;
- Represent HR at internal and external meetings;
- Coordination with consortium partners/ grantees related to HR due diligence and to facilitate for capacity building.
- Ensure EOBI payments are done in time and record being managed;
- Ensure Time Sheets are received and filed in time;
- Ensure all staff contracts (STTA / Employment) are duly prepared, filed are maintained;
- Ensure implementation of Human Resource policies and SoPs and take responsibility for maintaining strict compliance with policy manual;
- Responsible for managing disciplinary and grievances related information and advising as per policy and procedures of organization;
- To ensure implementation of comprehensive HR policies and procedures, and remain compliant with local labour laws;
- To ensure teams remain compliant with HR policies and procedures;
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of information to programme staff, especially related to HR;
- Focal person for HR internal/ external Audit;
- Advise staff on policies and procedures and employment relations and provide expert advice on compensation and benefits and organizational development.
- Coordinating with DAI HO on regular basis regarding recruitment approvals, HR updates, clarifications, resignations, processing final payments of staff and STTAs etc.
- Correspond with insurance companies for staff claims, additions, group medical benefits/and life assurance plans.
- Coordinating with HO for creation/deletion of TAMIS ID’s and Email ID’s for programme employees.
- Focal person for managing upload of HR data and updates on DAI TAMIS.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Skills required:
- Qualification: MBA(HRM) or any other relevant discipline.
- Experience minimum 5 years.
- Strong communications skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good proficiency in MS Office
- Peoples management and coordination
- Conflict resolution and analytical skills
- Problem solving and result achieving attitude.
- Good coordination skills with multiple stakeholders
- Effective interpersonal communications and professional integrity