Under the overall supervision of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) Program Manager, and in direct supervision and directives received from the QAQC Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for managing quality assurance and quality control and assisting in overall monitoring, technical backstopping, coordination and management of technical engineering activities of CRA Program in newly merged Tribal Districts and KP. Activities will include responding to the needs of the Program for important, large scale and high visibility as well as small and medium scale infrastructure projects throughout project area.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The QC/QA Engineers responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the overall quality assurance/quality control program for the CRA program;
- Assist the QAQC Officer in developing a QA/QC program that will improve the surveillance of the overall quality of materials and construction methods supplied to grants within the program;
- Conduct regular field visit for monitoring of the Infrastructure Projects;
- Ensure that all civil works quality control and environmental plans, strictly comply with program policy and implementation standards;
- Identify problems, pose plausible solutions and implement those solutions to achieve objectives of the project;
- Assisting the field technical staff in assessment, planning and implementation of Infrastructure projects;
- Conducting field workshops with CRA staff and contractors to improve the overall management of quality control of materials supplied to projects;
- Assist and facilitate trainings and meetings for the capacity building of Technical Staff national/international quality norms/rule/regulations;
- Assist the field technical team in drawings, designing and estimation of infrastructure projects.
- Assisting the QAQC Officer in reviewing QAQC reports, SVNs, MARs, BOQs/Budgets, Design and estimates for Infrastructure Projects;
- Assist QAQC Officer in developing CRA General Specifications and Quality Control Manual and update it on regular basis.
- Assist QAQC Officer in providing technical support to the field offices on regular basis;
- Assist the logistics department in reviewing the bidding documents;
- Liaise with other sections of the Program for improved coordination related to the Program Technical Unit;
- Liaise with field offices to obtain information on program related Technical matters and follow-up with recommendations;
- Inspection quality of materials supplied and used for the construction activities including, earthworks, concrete works, steel and pavement works, monitoring all production of materials and raises non-conformances where applicable;
- Reviewing & monitoring construction schedule & works activities to meet the required project completion date;
- Perform other related duties as required;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering with three years related experience.
- Experience in quality control, quality assurance procedures.
- Experience in technical report writing.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Cost Estimation and Technical Report writing and monitoring of Civil Engineering Works.
- Ability to work as consultant for advising best practices for better quality works execution.
- Should have excellent report writing skills.
- Should have strong verbal communication skills to convince others.
- Should motivate others for excellent achievement of deliverables.
- Should have the ability to work independently and decisions should be based upon design, specifications, environmental plan and budget.
- Should have knowledge of Activity cycle hand book and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Office 365 docs.
- Should discuss the issues/gaps with field team then QAQC Officer before sharing the QAQC report.
- Should have natural ability to identify issues/gaps and its possible solutions.
Required (specify the required knowledge)
- Fluency in English & Urdu