The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers in 190 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. The international engagement of NorCross is based on and guided by humanitarian needs and the humanitarian imperative aiming at achieving humanitarian objectives.
Internationally, NorCross operates exclusively inside the framework of the RCRC Movement, and has established regional and country offices to ensure decentralized decision-making and proximity to partners and projects.
The ability of National Society partners to respond adequately to actual needs of the affected population is an important strategic choice for NorCross.
The overall objective of NorCross is to support Pakistan Red Crescent in strengthening community resilience. Through the partnership, NorCross provides technical programmatic support, financial support and capacity building of Pakistan Red Crescent.
NorCross objectives in Pakistan:
- support Pakistan Red Crescent in programmes that reduce vulnerability and exposure to risk resulting from armed conflict and violence specifically targeting children.
- support Pakistan Red Crescent in increasing access to health services, creating first aid awareness, and improving water and sanitation practices through their long-term Community Based Health and First Aid (CBHFA) and Water and Sanitation (WASH) programmes implemented at community level.
- support Pakistan Red Crescent in their branch development from district level to National Headquarters to strengthen their ability to respond to the needs of vulnerable people
Purpose of Country Programme Officer position:
The purpose of the Country Programme Officer is to organize purposeful collaboration with the Host National Societies project teams in line with technical standards and project agreements. The position will be based in NorCross Field Office in Peshawar, working closely with implementing field teams.
The overall responsibility as Country Programme Officer in Peshawar, Pakistan:
- Promote that Norwegian Red Cross programme cooperation with the Host National Society project teams is consistent and efficient.
- Support HNS sound technical planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting in line with established project agreements and project plans.
- Contributes to adequate needs assessment to inform design of relevant projects
- Ensures the logical project structure of effects and results according to existing guidelines and linkages between the Host National Societies and Norwegian Red Cross results frameworks.
- Contributes to the development of SMART indicators that are supported by clear and concise indicator guidelines that operationalizes the indicators and explains the data sources, collection methods, frequency of monitoring and audience.
- Function as the focal person at the Norwegian Red Cross CO for the HNS project(s) implementation staff on issues related to the daily running of the project(s) which is/are included in the Norwegian Red Cross supported programmes
- Provides support to the Country Programme Manager for the development of quality project packages to be submitted for internal approval before project start up
- Supports the design and implementation of baseline surveys
- Supports the Country Programme Manager in situ monitoring of progress and discusses adjustments to improve results and achieve objectives.
- Quality assures overall data and quarterly reports provided by HNS
- Supports the organization of end-line studies to quantitative measures changes in values of chosen variables.
- Facilitates mid-term and final evaluation the design and implementation of relevant end line exercises to measure programme success
- Reports to the Country Programme Manager issues related to project implementation and options to improve project objectives.
- Provides input to quarterly reports, yearly reports and indicator tracking table.
- Perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to colleagues when necessary and assigned by the line manager.
We seek a person who;
- is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- adheres to company rules and procedures; execute plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results
- collaborates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- flexible to work in field
- Masters degree in a relevant field preferably in health-related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of working experience relevant for programmatic focus in an international humanitarian organisation
- Minimum 3 years of working experience relevant for programmatic focus in an international humanitarian organization
- Track record of managing humanitarian teams in complex humanitarian setting
- Proven ability to implement Health and/or WASH programmes in challenging contexts.
- Excellent drafting skills. Successful donor applications and reporting on humanitarian projects with measurable results.
- fluent written and spoken English. Working proficiency in Pashto is an asset.
Pakistan Country Programme Manager based in Islamabad.
Interested applicants are required to submit an updated CV and cover letter highlighting your interest and relevance to the position advertised by 17th December 2018.