• Master’s degree or 16 years of education preferably in Community Health, Nutrition, Public Health or related field from a HEC recognized institution.
• Minimum 5 years of post-qualification and management experience in community health and nutrition context or relevant field preferably with an International development sector organization.
• Knowledge and experience of nutrition / primary health care principles and management. Clinical skills within a Primary Health Care setting desirable.
• Experience of designing and managing capacity building (preferably with NGOs. /INGOs or donor agencies) programme for communities on nutrition promotion and malnutrition prevention approaches.
• Able to prioritize clearly and oversee multiple tasks; able to take the initiative in project decisions
• Proven experience of capacity building and training skills for communities, partner organizations etc.
• Able to impart comprehensive health and nutrition based knowledge to communities through identification and transfer of best practices and lessons learned.
• Experience in developing specialized tools for health and nutrition implementation strategy.
• Proven experience in liaising/coordinating with the donor and donor supervision mission; creating linkages and building relationships with stakeholders.
Incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Prepare relevant health and nutrition tools for the project toolbox.
• Provide health and nutrition related inputs to the tools required in the toolbox and for curricula for all CRP categories
• Prepare health and nutrition mainstreaming curricula for the relevant CRPs
• Supervise and ensure delivery of the implementation of tools and curricula at all levels from project team through partner organizations to grassroots level.
• Assist in review of organization’s health and nutrition strategy.
• Provide technical input to Project Management Unit and partner organizations in mainstreaming nutrition promotion and malnutrition preventions behavior in social mobilization and livelihood programmes.
• Oversee and manage ToTs for Community Resource Person on nutrition promotion and malnutrition prevention through behavioral change communications (BCC).
• Assist in drafting organizations Health & Nutrition strategy and action plans to take forward the strategy across the organization.
• Develop IEC and awareness material for nutrition capacity building sessions for CIs and target beneficiaries.
• Facilitate Project Management team and partner organizations in development of capacity building, reporting and monitoring tools to record progress of capacity building sessions on nutrition.
• Provide technical input to Social mobilization team and partner organization staff in facilitating community institutions in mainstreaming nutrition sensitive approaches in UCDPs/VDPs