• At least 16 year education or Masters degree in Social Sciences and relevant disciplines / Project Management/Masters in Business Administration / Masters in Public Administration
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in managing gender development, women’s development program or program components within a larger donor funded rural development or poverty alleviation program preferably with an International development sector organization.
• Experience in developing specialized tools for gender mainstreaming implementation strategy.
• Proven skills in writing, preparing tools, curricula, reports and strategies.
• Demonstrate professional competence and knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
• Proven experience in liaising/coordinating with the donor and donor supervision mission; creating linkages and building relationships with stakeholders.
• Knowledge of methodologies and best practices for promoting gender equality, equity and women empowerment in general.
• Proven experience of capacity building and training skills for communities, partner organizations etc.
• Able to impart comprehensive gender based knowledge to communities through identification and transfer of best practices and lessons learned.
Incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Understand and implement Gender Action Learning System.
• Prepare relevant gender mainstreaming tools for the project toolbox.
• Provide gender related inputs to all the tools required in the toolbox and for curricula for various CRP categories.
• Supervise and ensure delivery of the implementation of tools and curricula at all levels from project team through partner organizations to grassroots level.
• Assist in review of organization’s gender strategy.
• Organize the deliver capacity building sessions/trainings for partner organizations on gender mainstreaming.
• Ensure meaningful participation of women and inclusion of other vulnerable groups across all activities including community institutions.
• Ensure disaggregation of data reported at all levels.
• Review proposals presented to organization for financing to ensure gender aspects are incorporated effectively.
• Provide technical assistance to partner organizations to develop their own gender strategies and action plans.