Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Conduct an assessment and gain an understanding of the current M&E mechanisms within organizations program and operations, including MIS
- Review and familiarize yourself with the previous program evaluations and prepare/revise the evaluation format for future internal evaluations.
- Develop and implement specific reporting procedures on M&E findings for EMC/RDC members as appropriate/requested
- Ensure that an effective and participatory M&E system is established and disseminated to concerned program personnel.
- Carryout the M&E activities on a regular, day-to-day basis as part of the Program Support Team.
- Help develop/revise project log frame matrix, indicators, monitoring mechanisms for the program annual work plans
- Develop an overall framework for conducting and reporting on M&E activities e.g. annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring
- Participate in the design and implementation of data collection mechanisms that will be used as a baseline for program evaluations.
- Provide support to program staff in the development of the M&E component of their concept notes and proposals.
- Develop TORs in order to engage external entities/organizations for providing M&E Services
- Prepare required analytical/progress reports on M&E findings
- Make regular field monitoring visits to support implementation of M&E, identify where adaptations might be needed; facilitate and join external monitoring missions as required/requested.
- Provide opportunities for (and conduct) M&E trainings for project/program staff at headquarters and in the field offices.
General Program Support
- Assist the preparation of consolidated progress reports for the management, donors, stakeholders in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
- Develop close working relationships with project staff and stakeholders to establish a shared vision and achieve overall project objectives
- Guide staff in preparing the M&E component for project progress reports for management and donors. Together, analyze these progress reports in terms of problems and actions to be taken.
- Guide/supervise the development of information systems for M&E
- Assist in preparation of project Annual Work Plans; incorporate customized changes to the standard organizational M&E plan
Public and Donor Relations
- Work with the Program Support staff, especially the Communication coordinator, to help organize and prepare the monthly program reports (MPR), and any other program brochures or PR materials specifically by providing human interest stories and any impact as a result of the program activities.
- Work with the Program Support staff in organizing and compiling the Annual Report and supplemental PR materials necessary to enhance the image of organization and their programs. Annual report is once a year and other materials on as needed basis.
- Along with the senior management staff, from other departments, participate in donor meetings, workshops, Melas and other events as requested
- Work with the Program Support staff, and other program personnel, to find new potential donors, identify new partners from Government and civil society members and assist in the writing the M&E section of proposals, on an as needed basis.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with minimum 2 years of professional experience in project/programme monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of working with INGO’s/donor agencies/UN preferred
- Demonstrated ability of implementing/coordinating M&E systems for national-level development projects
- Knowledge/experience of implementing Participatory M&E frameworks
- Individuals with knowledge of data management and analysis tools will be given preference
- Excellent report writing, and presentation skills are a must
- Ability to meet targets within tight deadlines
- Result-oriented team player and leader
- Strong oral and written English communication skills required.
- Sound judgment, flexibility, adaptability and cultural sensitivity.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
Master’s in a social sciences or related discipline from a recognized university.