US-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development
SCOPE OF WORK
CNFA-AMD/ Project Number AID-391-C-15-00003
Senior Advisor for Grant Implementation and Closeout
Place of Performance
Lahore with travel to Karachi
Through June 15
Estimated Period of Performance:
February 19- June 15, 2019
The U.S.-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development (AMD) activity in Pakistan is a USAID funded activity implemented by CNFA with the goal of supporting the development of Pakistan’s commercial agriculture, in particular through improving the ability of Pakistan’s agriculture and livestock sectors to meet both international and domestic demand and requirements in the targeted product lines: citrus, mango, high value/off season vegetables and livestock. AMD envisions the transformation of its four targeted product lines into efficient, private sector led value chains that deliver competitive products to domestic and export markets. AMD’s targeted training, matching grants, and technical assistance will leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation. Together, these approaches will support upgrading, streamlining of supply chains, optimization of profit margins, increase in the participation of women entrepreneurs, and ultimately making Pakistani mango, citrus, meat and HV/OSV more profitable and competitive.
Objective of the Consultancy
Provides overall technical assistance and advisory support for grant practice material development, communications, final report writing and closeout activities.
Under the overall guidance of the COP and supervisor of this assignment as well as in close coordination with AMD’s team based in Lahore and Karachi, the consultant will perform the following activities:
I. Grant Practice Material Development
1. In coordination with grant, procurement, finance, and technical team develop grant implementation practice material which include the entire practical implementation processes, lesson learnt from best practices / standards, and additional understanding gleaned from available documents and institutional memory:
2. Hold meetings with the technical team of CNFA’s on-going and completed projects to map the entire process being followed for grant disbursement / administration in Pakistan, and evaluate the inherent strengths and weaknesses of the procedure followed along with lessons leant and best practices
1. Map the entire grant disbursement / administration process and chalk out all the associated activities, and in turn identify lesson learned in grant implementation;
2. Develop a comprehensive handbook, providing systems / solutions / guidelines (other than given in grant manual) that can work at ground level in local context to preempt / meet the challenges being faced by projects in grants disbursement / administration. The major contents of such handbook are given in deliverable section.
3. The consultant will share a draft copy of handbook with CNFA management and will submit the final version after incorporating the comments / observations / feedback given by management.
4. Presents the key findings, analysis, and recommendations to CNFA management
II. Communications support
5. Support the development of documentary production from inception to completion. This include review of scripts, review of documentary products;
6. Develop weekly technical highlights
7. Develop grant equipment catalogue
8. Support final closeout workshop
III. Final Report writing
9. Support the development of final report writing in citrus, HVOSV and mango sector;
10. Review overall final report writing
IV. Closeout Activities
11. Support overall closeout activities such as grant completion final report review and writing; inter-office memos development
Deliverables: Grant Practice Material
1. A handbook including but not limited to the following major contents:
ü Presenting the real picture to grantee
ü Don’t over commit
ü Cost share calculations
ü Develop comprehensive grant agreement with all specifications of grant items
ü Clear roles and responsibilities of each party
ü Ensuring delivery of equipment / machines / grant items in line with provided specifications and quality parameters
ü Avoiding delays by vendors in provision of grant items through proper financial and operational capacity assessment before issuance of procurement order and continuous follow up subsequently, etc.)
ü Use minimum justification memo for administration of grants
ü Get signed satisfaction form from grantees
Coordination for the practice material development
1. Innovative equipment and inputs costs should be included in the budget.
2. All budget line items need to be detailed and costs should be based on a market survey. The budget detail needs to be sufficient to effectively executing procurement.
a. Number of units needs to be included
b. Include equipment specifications
Weights and specifications of inputs (where applicable)
3. Be aware of budgeting for transportation and branding costs.
4. Budget notes are required. They need enough detail to guide development of milestone deliverables in Grant Agreement.
Deliverables: Communications and Final Report:
Estimated Level of Effort and Place of Assignment
The services of Senior Advisor for Grant Implementation and Closeout are required for 30 days LOE (maximum). The duration of assignment is through June 15, 2019 whereas performance place will be Lahore.
The consultant should have:
1. Master’s degree or higher education in development economics, development sciences, business management, or other relevant degree
2. More than eight years of professional experience of donor funded projects aim at value chain development, sector development, SMEs development, grants management, especially in agriculture sector
3. Prior experience / proved expertise of developing manuals, handbooks, reports, and similar documents
4. Good understanding and clear knowledge of Grants system of USAID in Pakistan
5. Good presentation and communication skills (English and Urdu)
Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applicants should submit their CVs to [email protected], with the words “Senior Advisor for Grant Implementation and Closeout - AMD” in the subject line.