The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers in 190 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. The international engagement of NorCross is based on and guided by humanitarian needs and the humanitarian imperative aiming at achieving humanitarian objectives. Internationally, NorCross operates exclusively inside the framework of the RCRC Movement, and has established regional and country offices to ensure decentralized decision-making and proximity to partners and projects.
In Asia, NorCross aims to relieve the suffering and save the lives of people affected by armed conflict, protracted crisis and acute disasters. We work through a combination of channels, considering collaboration with Red Cross Movement actors to respond, both in terms of efficiency and effectiveness, to any given crisis.
NorCross targets the most vulnerable in each context, based on holistic humanitarian needs analysis, whilst assuming an auxiliary role supporting National Red Cross/Crescent Societies in the region.
In Asia NorCross focuses on improved access to community health, providing basic health service to the most vulnerable communities affected by conflict and protracted crisis in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Myanmar. The NorCross Asia Region office in Islamabad works in close collaboration with Pakistan Red Crescent (PRCS).
NorCross furthermore aims to strengthen the regional disaster response systems and improve the preparedness capacity of partner National Societies.
Purpose of Asia Regional Health Coordinator position:
The Regional Health Coordinator position will use specific technical competencies to ensure that Norcross supported projects through the Asia portfolio are designed and implemented according to established technical standards and best practices with special focus on addressing women and children needs in healthcare and psychosocial wellbeing.
The overall responsibility as Asia Regional Health Coordinator based in Islamabad, Pakistan:
- Ensure that humanitarian projects reflect established technical standards and advice on the implementation of those standards and best practices.
- Train and coach Norwegian Red Cross and Host National Society teams in thematic frameworks and relevant technical standards and support the operationalization of those standards.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the global technical environment and contributes proactively with other technical personnel to Norwegian Red Cross global efforts to establish and implement technical standards in relevant areas.
- Provides surge support to other countries and regions, as relevant and upon the request of the Regional Office.
- Conducts technical assessments and scoping missions as requested and contributes technically to project development.
- Carries out regular field monitoring, provides recommendations and assistance on project improvements and follows up on their implementation in agreement with the respective country program manager.
- Organizes technical mid-term reviews upon request and contributes to terms of reference and inception reports to final evaluations.
- Liaises with the Host National Societies technical and project teams to ensure relevance of technical assistance provided.
- Provides trainings and coaches Host National Society project staff on the operationalization of established technical standards and when challenges arise during the implementation.
- Advices the regional and country offices on the prioritization of human, financial and technical resources in the relevant technical field.
- Enables regional and country office colleagues to understand and make use of available technical tools and methodologies. Promotes harmonization across regions and countries by monitoring use of standards and tools.
- Identifies individual development needs and facilitates access to appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Provides technical support to quarterly and yearly country reports.
We seek a person who;
Asia Regional Finance Manager based in Islamabad.
Interested applicants are required to submit an updated CV and cover letter highlighting your interest and relevance to the position advertised by 26th February 2019.