USAID/Pakistan awarded the Louis Berger Group (LBG) with a three (3) year Punjab Youth Workforce Development Project (PYWD) to work with at-risk youth in Multan, Lodhran, Muzaffargarh and Bahawalpur to secure gainful employment and play a positive role in their communities.The Program will facilitate employment opportunities for 10,000 youth (including 35% women) will implement the following activities: a) proactive community engagements to mobilize at-risk youth; b) institutional capacity building and re-tooling of over 22 public/private vocational training providers; c) co-opting of prospective potential private sector employers for trainee placement; d) career counseling services; as well as e) providing access to finance for youth entrepreneurs.
Tasks and deliverables:
- Coordinating the maintenance and repair of devices for the workplace.
- Assisting management personnel in wide variety of workplace responsibilities.
- Collecting and distributing couriers or packages among workers and starting and searching messages.
- Helping the associate, staff, or other management staff in doing their responsibilities.
- Cooperating with workplace personnel to maintain proper connections and a friendly environment within the office.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Answering and forwarding phone call, and taking messages.
- Monitoring the use of devices and supplies within the workplace.
- Dealing with inquiries or needs from the visitors and workers.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Any other task assigned by Administration Team.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required in both Urdu, Punjabi and English.
- Two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good communication skills
- Good record-keeping skills
Candidate’s profiles will be reviewed after 5 days of advertisement posting until an appropriate candidate is found.