Director, Finance & Administration (DFA) is responsible for overseeing all financial and Administrative functions of Sindh, Community Mobilization Program of Blumont, including support to program and activities operation, accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and financial management. This position will supervise Finance and Administrative staff. DFA ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Blumont's internal policies and procedures, and provides timely reports, advice and assistance to the Chief of Party and the CMP Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively. Also prepares monthly and yearly budget projections and maintains data on expenditures by line item, as well as produce and analyze budget variance reports.
Specific Job Functions:
- Oversee and manage daily accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables;
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in both the main country office and in field offices in accordance with Blumont policies and donor regulations, including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, cost allocations, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance;
- Hire, train, supervise and support Operations and finance staff of the CMP project;
- Coordinates and oversees program tendering and procurement activities in country, and ensures strict compliance with Blumont and donor regulations
- Reviews and approves field office fund request
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor project cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of CMP program;
- Provide monthly standard accounting submissions to Blumont Headquarters, including expenditures by cost center/project (budget vs. actuals), sub-grantee reporting and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner;
- Supports the COP in project budget planning and management; Prepares expenditure analysis for overall program, and field offices
- Develop annual fiscal year budgets with the CoP and develop and implement grant budgeting and forecasting systems with Program Managers;
- Perform internal audits/reviews to ensure compliance with Blumont and donor requirements;
- Effectively stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train staff in these policies;
- Develop and maintain local office policies and procedures and provide training for all issues related to local financial and Administrative (Operations) matters;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree and certification in Accounting or Finance, with 10+ years of progressive financial management, Operations and grants management experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of donor regulations; including multi-million dollar projects in Pakistan.
- 3+ years of international experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Accounting Software : Quick Books / Deltek Cost Point
- Strong analytical skills, ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Familiarity with Internet resources, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good English written and spoken skills
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of Deltek/Cost point accounting system. Physical Requirements: Normal office environment. Success Factors:
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel both in a managerial as well as training capacity.
- Ability to support program objectives with timely and meaningful financial information.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities.
- An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Blumont and donor policies and procedures