Chemonics International seeks a Finance Associate for its USAID Small and Medium Enterprises Activity (SMEA). Pakistan SMEA is a 5-year, $35 million project aimed at improvement of financial and operating performance of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Pakistan in selected high-performing industrial, manufacturing and services sectors.
Finance Associate: The Finance Associate responsible for assisting the Finance Manager in planning, managing and processing financial transactions for the project in accordance to the U.S. government regulations and Chemonics’ corporate and financial policies.
- Support the Finance Manager to manage project financial budgeting and expenditure progress.
- Prepare checks and bank drafts based on appropriate and complete documentation.
- Prepare and conduct bank/petty cash reconciliation on monthly basis.
- Prepare coding sheets in ABACUS before they are sent to the Finance Manager for review.
- Ensure the maintenance of proper accounting documentation, ensuring that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate, truthful, and complete.
- Prepare and process payroll vouchers each month in ABACUS system.
- Ensure full compliance with applicable local taxation laws related to salary, goods and services.
- Prepare and ensure appropriate documentation of journal entries, payment requests, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Labelling and indexing of all financial files i.e. hard/soft, as per established organizational policy.
- Monthly scanning of all financial vouchers and archive online for HO review.
- Upload and maintain proper record of data, of withholding taxes on online portal of FBR. Provide tax certificates to employees, consultants and vendors as and when required.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly wire transfer requests through a thorough analysis of projected project expenditures.
- Prepare GST exemption requests and reports to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Work closely with the SMEA Finance Manager to ensure proper safeguards of project funds and compliance with established USAID and Chemonics financial and accounting procedures
- Backstop SMEA Finance Manager and perform other duties as required or assigned
Duty Post: The position will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required, Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience; USAID experience desirable
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of tables with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is necessary
- Fluency in English and Urdu required