Under the general supervision of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) Program Manager and the Deputy Program Manager – Program, direct supervision of the Team Leader in the Region the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating, promoting and mainstreaming gender activities to the different program activities and grants being implemented in the Region.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The incumbent’s duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Team Leader and other field staff to support the integration of a gender approach in the program, procedures, and knowledge products, building on existing gender activities, procedures and practices.
- Provide technical support on gender to colleagues based in the field offices.
- Develop a simple database of gender specialized or similar NGO’s that would be available, as required and in case the Program needs to engage them in development and implementation of gender based grants in the region.
- Elaborate a basic checklist of elements to be addressed to ensure a gender-sensitive grant.
- Develop, for approval by the senior management, a region based gender action plan.
- Identity and set priorities for the gender related activities in the region.
- Assist the Team Leader in liaising with local government counterparts and provide support in the area of gender and related fields as required.
- Track gender mainstreaming within the region, building upon existing mechanisms and good practices.
- Develop a menu of gender indicators that the region can draw from, building upon indicators previously designed by concerned local government authorities and other organizations.
- Report on progress and lessons learned on gender issues for inclusion in the regular donor reports.
- Any other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in Social Science or relevant field.
- Gender Specialist must have a minimum of three years’ of experience in the area of gender mainstreaming, development and implementation of gender related projects.
- Required (specify the required knowledge)
- Fluency in English & Urdu