CARE is a leading global humanitarian and development organization. Since its establishment in 2005, CARE International in Pakistan (CIP) has been responding to major disasters and undertaking development projects. CIP works through local partners and range of stakeholder for development as well as emergency response, which makes partnership a key component of CARE’s work in Pakistan.
I. JOB SUMMARY:
CARE is implementing a project, based in Pishin (Quetta) and in line with the findings devised a proposed comprehensive inclusive strategy with an objective to provide life-saving food security, nutrition and livelihood support to vulnerable target host communities with a special focus on women. The interventions will include provision of poultry packages, goat packages, Kitchen gardening kits, Mott grass fodder cutting and C-19 IPC via radio and face-to-face sessions and distribute IEC materials with government of Pakistan and WHO approved messages.
The incumbent with report directly to the Project Manager. S/he would be involved in Risk Communication, trainings, distribution and will will ensure consistent high quality community mobilization services.
Technical: % of Time: 70%
- Conduct baseline and end line surveys and need assessments, feasibility studies, stakeholder analysis and community consultations.
- Formation or reactivation of village committees.
- Actively involved in beneficiaries’ identification, door to door assessment, and verification.
- Supports the development of agreements and MoUs with village committees or other civil society groups.
- Elaborate all needs based inputs and all other activities according to the objectives of the programme and the beneficiary involvement strategy of CARE International.
- Communities mobilization for effective use of the community resources.
- Community mobilization for the prioritizing of rehabilitation and recovery activities and strategies.
- Remain in close contacts with the community members and pass on immediately their concerns and issues to respective technical experts for timely solution.
- Facilitates the capacity building and setup of representative village committees.
- Ensure, through daily dialogues and consultations that the strategy of the projects and the commitments of the various stakeholders are adhered to.
- Responsible for mainstreaming gender
- Maximize beneficiary contribution.
- Arrangements and participation in Poultry, Goat and Fodder distribution and maintain data of the beneficiaries in both hard and soft
- Supports in the development as well as distribution of IEC materials for all activities implemented.
- Should develop in-depth knowledge of all their villages of intervention and should have close contacts with community leaders, volunteers, and activists.
- Providing technical guidance, training and support to individuals targeted by each project in line with the programme strategy and intended outputs.
- Liaising with programme staff of other CARE teams to ensure that information is shared and that lessons learned are developed.
- Liaises with Governmental and non-Governmental Agencies at field level.
- Regularly sharing of information following CARE guidelines and processes
- To ensure that women are included in decision-making regarding beneficiary identification and selection for the targeted household.
Coordination and Representation:% of Time: 15%
- Represent CIP programme to the various Government bodies and communities in the field.
- Contribute and share information for preparation of donor reports.
- Regularly sharing updates and case studies ensuring high quality reporting with accurate information.
Logistics and Supply Management: % of Time: 15%
- Ensure proper verification of distribution items after delivery to the project sites for quality purposes in coordination with line supervisor.
- In coordination with the line supervisor and Logistics team, ensure effective delivery and management of Poultry, Goats and Fodder in the field.
Qualification and Experience:
- University Degree in social sciences/development related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ professional working experience with an NGO/INGO.
- Excellent knowledge and conceptual understanding of community mobilization, risk communication and distribution.
- Experience in conflict resolution and consensus based decision making. The position will be required to travel to all project areas and willingness to work in reconstruction situations under difficult life conditions
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
TECHNICAL SKILLS (Desired)
- Excellent knowledge/experience of community mobilization in Poultry, Goat and Fodder distribution.
- Strong Verbal/Written and communication skills in the local language as well as English.
- Must be aware and sensitive to the culture, norms and values of Pishin.
- Ability to solve problemes and work independently in field.
- Strong personal, organizational and time management skills with the capacity to adapt to a changing environment and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong skills in networking, building relationships and liaison with stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into public health promotion
- Respect, accountability, communication with impact, collaboration, initiating action, innovation, information monitoring, integrity, interpersonal kills, planning and organizing.
- Should speak and understand local language of District Pishin, Baluchistan.
- Community Mobilizer’s position will be based in Pishin and will require regular field visits to target communities.
CARE International in Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer; only individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. CARE has a zero-tolerance approach toward sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse.
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to [email protected] clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email, before the stated deadline. Please note that the recuirmtent is being carried out for an anticipated project, and its hiring will be based on donor approval.