|Posted date||23rd January, 2023||Last date to apply||31st January, 2023|
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction.
Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services— from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment.
Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Human Resource Specialist is responsible to the implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures, as well as staff recruitment, development, and retention supporting a country office or global function.
The HR Specialist will be responsible for overall management of the day-to-day HR process, leads recruitment efforts, and manage compensation and benefits for project staff. She/he will plan, direct, and coordinate the administrative functions to support recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding staff. The HR Specialist will support Regional Managers and project management teams on all HR-related matters including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, performance management, compensation, and benefits (total rewards), and employee relations.
The HR Specialist will work closely with the HR Manager based in Karachi, Pakistan.
Key Job Outcomes:
First Point of Contract:
Serves as the point of contact for the local legal advisor. She/he will be the first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters relating to Human Resources.
HR Documentation & Compliance:
Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation of the employees based in the Center/Division
Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately. Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
Ensure Center/Division’s activities are compliant with the organizations and external donor policies and guidelines
- Liaises with local legal attorneys to create comprehensive human resources policies and procedures that comply with local law and that are aligned to global policies.
Recruitment, Interviewing Selection & Onboarding
- Coordinates with project staff and leads recruitment efforts including creating job descriptions and postings, screening applicants, scheduling interviews, negotiating and extending offers, issuing local contracts, and overseeing orientation and onboarding of staff. Develops comprehensive plans for onboarding and provides employee orientation sessions.
- Maintains applicant tracking for posted jobs and prepares reports on monthly/annual recruitment costs and status of job openings.
- Oversees recruitment strategy, policies and practices, leading the HR planning for recruitment efforts, including succession planning and career pathing.
- Develops comprehensive plans for onboarding and provides employee orientation sessions. Provides employee orientation sessions on facilities usage, business equipment operation and usage, Human resource, Information technology administrative and travel policies
Performance Management and Employee retention
- Coordinates the Annual Performance Management activities, including training to staff on how to upload goals and complete the process within time in the country office, field and those who work remotely.
- Coaches and counsels staff on employee relations issues related to hiring, termination, job performance, and organizational policies.
- Leads staff productivity and retention efforts for local staff, including supporting professional growth and development plans.
- Facilitates employee exits, both voluntary and involuntary.
- Manages compensation and benefits for all country staff and ensures adherence to local labor laws, practices and Pathfinder norms.
- Manages and updates the salary structure.
- Tracks merit pay increases and runs reports as required.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources Management, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
- 5 years’ experience as an Assistant HR Manager, or a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of best practices for establishing policies, procedures, and practices that are aligned to Pathfinder polices and local labor law
Preferred Education and Work Experience
- Certification in Human Resources
- Experience of working with USAID-funded projects and familiarity with the reporting procedures and systems
Minimally Required Job-Specific and Organizational Competencies:
- HR Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply Human Resources management practices and principles, labor relations regulations and requirements, total rewards, training and learning, and retention strategies (management, motivation, development, mentorship) to create a positive work culture.
- Compensation and Benefits: Foundational knowledge of Pathfinder's compensation philosophy and salary structure as well as benefit programs for the assigned country.
- Training and Development: Foundational knowledge of the training and development process, including assessing needs, designing and developing training, and delivering training programs.
- Human Resources Information System: Familiarity on working with HR software and systems
- Coaching, Counselling and Influencing: Ability to coach, counsel and influence others at all levels of the organization.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using local languages and English language.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Presentation Skills: Proven ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: Ability to communicate, collaborate with diverse stakeholders and achieve operational outcomes.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated ability to learn and commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
Travel required (20% or less)
Uses cellular and office phone, laptop or desktop computer
This job description format focuses on the main duties of the position and is not intended to list every potential task or assignment.
Duties can and will change to meet the changing priorities of the department and organization.
Application procedure / How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
Kindly apply through the below link:
Please submit your application via this website no later than January 29th, 2023.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Safeguarding and Protection Statement
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with us. We expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.