- 1. INTRODUCTION & BACKGROUND:
Lodhran Pilot Project (LPP) Lodhran Pilot Project, founded in 1999, is a not-for-profit & non-government organization, committed to promote development & humanitarian objectives in Pakistan. It is registered under the Societies Act 1860. Certified by Pakistan Center for Philanthropy and registered with Charities Commission Punjab under Punjab Charities Act 2018, Lodhran Pilot Project manages a diverse range of programs and partnerships. We take great pride in being one of the pioneers to initiate Water, Sanitation & Hygiene programme for the most deprived and underprivileged communities of South Punjab in 1999. Founded on the footstep of Akhtar Hameed Khan and Orangi Pilot Project, Lodhran Pilot Project is committed to help raise people out of poverty, hunger, disease and inequality. Lodhran Pilot Project (LPP) is implementing a thirty-nine (39) months TVET project with the title of “Strengthening the socio-economic resilience of youth through economic empowerment in three provinces of Pakistan” in Bahawalpur division of Punjab (Districts; Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar and Rahim Yar Khan).
This consultancy is solicited under an on-going project named as CSO’s Building Resilience through Improved Delivery, Governance and Empowerment Programme (The CSO’s-BRIDGE Program) is a 42 months programme funded by European Union (EU) and implemented in partnership of DEUTSCHE WELTHUNGERHILFE EV, Concern Worldwide, Lodhran Pilot Project (LPP), FDO and TRDP. The main purpose of CSO BRIDGE programme is strengthening of CSOs by assessing their capacity needs, followed by a customized capacity development plan, building formal linkages with line departments of the government and the private sector, training on community awareness and engagement on COVID-19 and capacity building on youth engagement, social mobilization, needs identification, prioritization and employment promotion.
- 2. Project Summary
The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a direct impact on both the demand and supply of social services and economic opportunities. While there is an increased demand from the citizens, especially the youth for these services, the public sector departments are unable to maintain the existing low standards of service delivery due to immense financial constraints and increased workloads. This has left citizens, specifically the youth predominantly distressed. With the amplification of these trends, the realities of this crisis have triggered reconsideration of several beliefs, with possible effects on long-term choices for the economy and society. These effects range from attitudes about efficiency versus resilience and our approach to problems that affect us all and call for global and collective action—such as pandemics and climate change—to the role of government and institutions. There is potential for a long-term shift in how institutions support people, through safety nets and a more inclusive social contract. These trainings would complement the institutional development and will strengthen the capacities. The Pakistani government has scrambled all departments and personnel towards efforts to control transmission and ensure isolation of those testing positive for COVID-19. The effort is monumental as far as disseminating correct information and encouraging social distancing practices is concerned. Multiple organizations are working towards these common goals and are currently insufficient given the massive population to be made aware.
The overall objective of the action is to minimize the socio-economic vulnerabilities of communities especially of youth in District Multan, Bahawalpur and Hyderabad through putting in place the role of effective civil society, improved public services and economically empowered target group during and post Covid-19 times.
Following are the major expected outputs of the Programme:
Output 1: Mobilization and technical capacities of local CSO’s are strengthened.
Output 2: CSOs and local authorities reached at higher level of collaboration, cooperation, know-how and transparency.
Output 3: CSOs are able to support Youth, especially females, person with disabilities, transgender and other minority target groups across selected trades
- 3. OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY:
The district Bahawalpur in this project was selected with regard to socio-economically diverse districts and having the limited economic activity and income generation options which boosted by COVID-19 after effects and high inflation throughout the world. The situation hit hard the youth of Pakistan who were marginalized with limited earning opportunities and lack of skills development opportunities that led them to a reasonable earning source. So, a dire need for diversified income generation options was found in the target areas of The CSOs BRIDGE project. Further to cater the challenge, it’s been found that Vocational skills trainings increase business and employment opportunities, through improving the skills of the beneficiaries and developing market linkages.
Lodhran Pilot Project (LPP) seeks the services of relevant certified Training Service Providers (TSP) for imparting trainings on vocational and skill development courses. The program in consultation with the training institute / subject experts will ensure delivery of skills trainings in identified/ proposed trades through available training module of selected TSPs.
The offered consultancy will serve the purpose of training of 240 (including girls, boys, transgender, PWDs and minorities) youth members from the communities of target union councils of two tehsils (Tehsil Bahawalpur City and Sadar) in district Bahawalpur for 6 months vocational & skill education class-room/institute/campus base training at the hired Training Service Provider (TSP) campus. Further the offered training will help out to bridge up the gap among desired level of skills and existing level of skill through placement of trained youth in to market.
- 4. Eligibility Criteria for TSP:
The applicant / TSP must be a government registered institute preferably NAVTTC, TEVTA and NDP.
The applicant/ TSP must have their own training institutes tools, workshops and essential material required for training as per proposed trades.
The applicant/ TSP will be given preference, those provides conducive and friendly environment to PWDs, transgender and minorities, a separate affidavit/ writing statement can be submitted to strengthen the applications.
TSP must share their registration status of applied trades as per advertisement.
TSP would provide fully established, equipped, accessible and furnished training facility for participants.
- Training service Providers TSPs must be registered / affiliated / accredited with either TEVTA, NAVTTC or PSDA.
- NAVTTC approved trades are run in the TSPs
- TSP would create an inclusive environment
- The applicant / TSP has experienced faculty in particular proposed trades. Experienced faculty and active job placement cell
- The applicant / TSP must have more than six years of experience to work on same nature of assignments.
Attach all the valid registration / affiliation / accreditation certificates for all proposed trades and locations in a single PDF document (Maximum file size shall not exceed 50 MB). Registration / affiliation / accreditation certificates must be of the relevant trade and training location of the selected RFP.
- In cases where registration certificates are not valid (expired), TSPs must attach all of the following:
- Their previous certificates of registration with PSDA, TEVTA, or NAVTTC etc.
- Evidence of in process application (affiliation or extension) in the form of application or request for extension letter along with the payment receipt for application processing
- Submission of TSPs profile on provided annexure
- 5. Deliverables:
LPP is desirous for following deliverables from TSPs;
- Provision /Submission of approved modules and course contents against proposed trades as per NVQF to LPP at the time of signing of agreement.
- Incorporation of suggested contents by LPP as per requirement / if necessary.
- Submission of detailed training delivery plan, approach and methodology leading to job placement and entrepreneurship with all logistic details.
- Planning and incorporation of life skills session into offered training modules. Training to 240 youths on the identified trades in 6 months courses; Information Technology (Web Designing/Graphic Designing) & E- Commerce, Freelancing, Beautician, Domestic Tailoring (Fashion designing), Food Cooking & Baking, Electrician, and AC & Fridge Technician.
- TSP will be leading to job placement and entrepreneurship.
- TSP ensure 100% trainees’ registration with any Govt. approved certification agency.
- TSP will enterprise job placement / enterprise development of at least 35% of trained youth with the collaboration of relevant industries/ existing Men & Women Chamber of commerce and industries.
- Submission of all kinds of related MOVs (each training report, quality pictures & attendance sheets, etc.)
- Provision of consumable and non-consumable material during practical work as per requirement of course.
Target group – 240 Youth Member
Geographical scope – Two Tehsils (Tehsil Bahawalpur City & Tehsil Bahawalpur Sadar) of division Bahawalpur.
Training duration – 06 months
- 6. Financial Proposal:
Financial Proposal will be demanded after evaluation of technical proposal as per decision of the committee.
7. Evaluation of Applications:
- From the time the bids are opened to the time the contract is awarded, if the selected organization wishes to contact Lodhran Pilot Project on any matter related to the proposal, it should do so in writing. Any effort by the training service providers/ agencies to influence Lodhran Pilot Project in the evaluation, proposal comparison or contract award decisions may result in the rejection of the proposal.
- The evaluation committee appointed by Lodhran Pilot Project as a whole, and each of its members individually, will evaluate the proposals based on their responsiveness to the Terms of Reference. Each responsive proposal will be given a technical score. Proposal(s) will be rejected at this stage if it does not respond to important aspects of the Terms of Reference or if it fails to achieve the minimum technical score indicated below.
- Only TSPs receiving responsive marks (70 and above marks during the evaluation of the technical proposal) will be contacted for Financial Bids for evaluation.
Qualified applications (both Technical and Financial) will be evaluated as a whole based on the following criteria:
- 8. Evaluation Criteria
A) Technical Proposal (80 Marks)
- Understanding of assignment 05 Marks
- Training Facility 20 Marks
- Previous Experience in similar training (Valid proof must be attached) 20 Marks
- Human Resources 15 Marks
- Undertaking for post training employment plan 20 Marks
B) Financial Proposal 20 Marks
Combined Evaluation: After the technical, financial proposals will be demanded and evaluation all the points will be aggregated to finalize the hiring process of Vocational Training Service Provider. LPP evaluation committee reserves the right to reject all or any proposal without assigning any reason.
- 9. Award of Contract
The contract will be awarded to the TSP following completion of the task including negotiations if necessary. The TSP may be required to provide additional information and or amend its proposal. The aim is to reach an agreement on all points for contracting. The selected TSP is expected to commence the assignment on the date and at the location as specified in the TOR.
Negotiations will include a discussion on the proposed methodology, staffing, costing, any suggestions made by the TSP to improve the Terms of Reference. Lodhran Pilot Project and the TSP will then work out final terms of reference, staffing, logistics, and reporting. The agreed work plan, cost and final terms of reference will then be incorporated in the contract paper.
- 10. Guidelines for Submission of Technical Proposal:
Applicants should submit with the following details:
- A covering letter outlining the applicant suitability for the job, providing initial observations on the ToRs and an outline of the methodology applicant would use.
- Profile of TSP along with NTN number
- Detailed Technical Proposal as per TOR’s requirements which includes proposed work plan in accordance to TORs.
- A curriculum vitae of proposed resource person(s) including highlighted references to previous relevant work and publications.
- 11. Deadline for Submission:
Interested Individual Consultant/Firm are invited to submit technical proposals through sealed envelopes marked as “Proposal for Vocational training and skill education for youth under The CSOs BRIDGE project Bahawalpur “at address:
The Human Resource Department
LODHRAN PILOT PROJECT, Implementation Office, Near WAPDA colony, Multan Road Lodhran, 0608-362928
Proposals should reach by 08th of June, 2023.
In case of any query related to this assignment, please contact at: [email protected].pk