|Posted date||23rd March, 2023||Last date to apply||5th April, 2023|
I)Organizational Context and Scope
The Community Resilience Activity-North (CRA-N) Project is designed to support community-level resilience development and conflict prevention activities within the newly merged districts (NMD’s) of Khyber, Kurram, North Waziristan and Orakzai Districts within Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Province; CRA-N will pursue a multi-disciplinary and community participatory approach and will work in close coordination with the Government of Pakistan (GoP) at the regional and district level.
The District Team Leader will be working directly under the leadership of the CRA-North Regional Team Leader and under the overall supervision of the CRA-North Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party. The District Team Leader will be tasked with leading the assigned District Programming Team and providing all of the requisite technical, administrative, and operational oversight in order to implement resilience-focused programming within his/her Area of Responsibility (AOR); enabling innovative and effective approaches that will support the reintegration of Temporarily Displaced Persons, enhancement of community cohesion and increase in civic engagement, while reducing marginalization and increasing resilience amongst remote communities within the newly merged districts.
II)Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The District Team Leader’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- In close collaboration and coordination with the Program Coordinator and the Senior Management, provide the required leadership and technical oversight to ensure that project resources are effectively applied towards cross-sectoral flood programming within the target region.
- Implement and adapt the CRA-North programming work plan at the district level, ensuring that the programming is achieving defined impacts in line with our programming objectives.
- Manage relationships with relevant stakeholders at the district and regional level, including but not limited to government representatives, community leaders, tribal leaders, religious leaders, and implementing partners.
- Help establish a clear consultative process between GOP structures and target communities to identify, design and implement grant-funded activities; and serve to support the more remote and marginalized communities within the district.
- Lead the successful implementation of flood programming activities, inclusive of the identification and procurement of activity-related goods and services in collaboration with the projects Resource Management Unit (RMU).
- Develop and maintain/update a clear and comprehensive District Profile, which outlines a thorough understanding of the district’s operating environment; and may be utilized to inform flood-focused interventions. Use this Profile to monitor and report on the rapidly changing environment and proactively contribute to the project’s overall strategy design and implementation.
- Submit scheduled reports to Senior Management, reflecting progress on the field programming activities, and the implementation environment within the district.
- Use the existing Programming Matrix to provide clear weekly updates on resilience activity development, implementation, and closure, while also engaging in regularly scheduled calls with Senior Management and the donor regarding ongoing progress at the field level.
- Support existing district programming efforts by participating in Learning Workshops and the identification and documentation of success stories, lessons learned, and case studies.
- Under the oversight of our RMU, responsible for the management and care of district-based project assets and facilities.
- Identify challenges and resolve any outstanding issues which would impede the smooth implementation of resilience programming.
- Work with the M&E Department and program team on strengthening the use of M&E data across the program through the use and distribution of M&E reports.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with community development project implementation, preferably with experience in identifying and addressing community resilience gaps and understanding how to strengthen community cohesion.
- Proven experience in writing, editing, and critical thinking.
- Capacity to understand and analyze the local, district, and regional implementation environment and how this environment caters to the effective design and implementation of community resilience-focused programming suitable to the geographical, cultural, and political context.
- Knowledge of the newly merged districts' (NMD’s) geography, culture, and government structure is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working with USAID-funded resilience-focused programs is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with UN Agencies is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Urdu, with proficiency in Pashto, are considered a distinct advantage.
(specify the required knowledge)
Fluency in English, Urdu, and Pashto
The services of consultant along with note-take....