CRA-North intends to engage consultants having a strong background in Community Based Disaster Risk Management training and plan development.
Activity Location: Tirat, Tehsil Bahrain
Duration: Four months
The consultants will be required to deliver the following tasks
i) Community Risk Assessment Workshops for male and female participants and support the communities in the creation & submission of detailed Risk Assessment Reports
ii) Community-Based Disaster Risk Planning Workshops (Based on the identified Risk Assessment Reports) for male and female participants and support the communities in the creation & Submission of detailed Planning Reports
iii) CBDRM Concept Note Development Workshops for male and female participants and support the development of Concept Notes reflecting the communities learning from both soft and hard CBDRM efforts and areas of improvement required for increased disaster resilience, with contrition from the district government partners, to prioritize the next phase of programming with these communities.
- The Consultant will be required to demonstrate practical risk assessment and accompany the participants during the community risk assessment workshops to ensure the reports submitted capture the possible risks to the local communities.
- The trainer will be required to engage selected community members in session delivery to ensure the capacity building of the community members through active engagement, to lead the CBDRM efforts at the community level and coordinate with & engage the relevant departments i.e. Resuce1122, Civil Defense etc., (where required) for facilitation
- Reporting: The Consultant will be required to submit
- One Inception Report: The Consultant will be required to provide an Inception Report in advance of the Workshops (in English), this Inception Report with a copy of the Training Materials (in English & Urdu)
- Finalized Community Risk Assessment Reports at the end of 1st phase of 5 workshops on Community Risk Assessment,
- Finalized CBDRM Plans at the end of 2nd phase of 5 workshops on CBDRM planning,
- Concept Notes (2 per workshop) at the end of 5 workshops of CBDRM Concept Notes Development.
- One Final Report.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- Sound Experience in conducting training on Community Based Disaster Risk Management.
- Having good interpersonal, communication, interactive, and two-way communication skills.
- Having good report-writing skills.
- Experience working within communities/fields is mandatory.
- Fluency in Pushto is pre-requisite