The key focus of the Interfaith Harmony Workshop content will be to increase the individual capacity of religious leaders, elders and youth to promote cohesion and be proactive agents of change within their own communities. In coordination with the District Administration, CRA-N would like to facilitate a series of Interfaith Workshops in North Waziristan, Kurram, Orakzai and Khyber. The Interfaith Harmony Workshops will concentrate on the following areas: (a) addressing religious intolerance, both violent and non-violent; (b) dispelling myths and preconceptions about different faiths and groups; and (c) inculcating concepts such as critical thinking, positive narratives, understanding and empathy in an effort to make communities less susceptible to continued divisive rhetoric and intolerance.
The ideal resource person will be to the one who may agree and comply with following Terms of References.
- Having skills to develop material on (a) Addressing Religious Intolerance, both Violent and Non-Violent; (b) Dispelling Myths and Preconceptions about different Faiths and Groups (c) Inculcate concepts such as critical thinking, positive narratives.
- Religious scholars should have strong networking skills and having good knowledge of the target area.
- Having profile of conducting interfaith harmony workshops previously with reputable organizations.
- He will have to develop a detail roadmap to achieve the programmatic/activity expected outcome as per timeline.
- Having relevant valid degree from a recognized institute/madrassa eg. Wafaqul Madaris.
- Can demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills.
- Having strong publishing and writing skills. Can present evidence of previous publications and report writing.
- Can show evidence of past experience of formulating the concept and the strategy of interfaith harmony, peace building thoughts and movement, the concept of unification different Muslim’s sects and the resolution of conflict on behalf of the religion for the war effected communities.
- Should Have previous experience of formulating the concept and the strategy on interfaith harmony, peace building thoughts and movement, the concept of unification among different Muslim’s sects and the resolution of religious conflicts peacefully through dialogue.
- and tolerance.
- Can show evidence of experience in developing the cooperation model of Islamic thoughts to strengthen prosperity and glory, to maintain the unity and solidarity for the true peace, and the reinforcement of the interfaith harmony among different sects in Islamic scholarly view.
- Having knowledge and understanding of concept of roles of national elements in Islamic view to realize progress, prosperity and independence or sovereignty of the nation, and cooperation for peace.
- Should be able to design and bring in practice context specific approaches to bring together the indigenous actors on the same platform to promote peace and harmony through realizing progress, prosperity and independence and sovereignty of the nation.
- Having previous experience on addressing religious intolerance both violent and non-violent.
- Previous experience and demonstrated skills to address dispelling myths and preconception among different faiths and groups.
- Having the skills of report writing. Will have to submit a detail report of the activity.
- During training workshop, he will have to develop a network among participants, which can be utilized in follow up of activities, expected results/outcome after the workshop.